Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

R20Exporter is not supported but--

Edited 1683786547
I've used the Walls script to convert SVG drawings built in GIMP and import them into the DL layer of Roll20. And, if I wanted to, once that imported drawing was completed by the script, I could move it to the map layer to serve as an actual map--if I wanted to.  There is a third party, chrome browser extension called R20Exporter , that exports all the content data and images out of my roll20 campaign to save as a set of JSON files and in a zip archive. This includes page data. Now there is another browser extension--also not supported-- VTTES that can export and import JSON data for characters, handouts, playlists, macros, rollable tables, but not pages. So I was wondering if there was a script here that could take that JSON page data from R20Exporter and build a new map in another game I've created in Roll20?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not aware of any such script. But you're a pro user so have access to the Transmogrifier. You might be able to do a lot of what you want to do with that.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Yeah, GiGs is right...the transmogrified should copy over the entire page, including any dynamic lighting, etc. Just copy the page into your new game.

Edited 1683827768
Indeed, the both of you are right but, in this case, what I want to do is take a map I've drawn using the drawing tool, extract that JSON data and use it to build a copy of that map page in a friend's account. The transmogrify function is of no help there because it won't copy data between accounts only between games within one account. Which I understand prevents the copying of paid assets between accounts. But it is kinda annoying since I built the map myself without any paid content and have no problem with copying it to my friend's account (Which they've made me co-GM on.) if it saves me a bunch of labor. I guess I'll have to send e-mail to the creator of VTTES to see if they'll ever support a page JSON import/export function.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If it's just for drawings, I could probably write you something that would extract the UniversalVTTImporter format, which you could use to recreate it on the page in the other game.  You'd both need to be Pro subscribers to make that work.
The Aaron said: If it's just for drawings, I could probably write you something that would extract the UniversalVTTImporter format, which you could use to recreate it on the page in the other game.  You'd both need to be Pro subscribers to make that work. Yes, we are both pro level subscribers and I'm currently in a e-mail discussion with my friend about these matters. If UniversalVTTImporter can be tweaked to work with the JSON data that both VTTES and R20Exporter generate, that would be wonderful! Unfortunately I don't know enough about Roll20 scripting API or how VTTES and R20Exporter format their JSON data to help you here. If you are willing, is there a tip jar or commission page on Patreon or something? If we can make this work, that would be great!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I couldn't in good conscience provide support for either VTTES or R20Exporter as both could provide an easy way to pirate content.  Providing support for exporting paths only to a format that can be imported into Roll20 doesn't provide the same sort of avenue to potential abuse.  Sorry about that.

Edited 1683877565
A simple way would be to just make a Screenshot of that page of yours and send that image to your friend to upload it as a map in his campaign... I understand your point, but The Aaron is right! And I am also sure that using this extension (Roll20 Exporter) breaks the Roll20 Code of Conduct which could you get banned from Roll20 completely... Mr. Farlops said: Indeed, the both of you are right but, in this case, what I want to do is take a map I've drawn using the drawing tool, extract that JSON data and use it to build a copy of that map page in a friend's account. The transmogrify function is of no help there because it won't copy data between accounts only between games within one account. Which I understand prevents the copying of paid assets between accounts. But it is kinda annoying since I built the map myself without any paid content and have no problem with copying it to my friend's account (Which they've made me co-GM on.) if it saves me a bunch of labor. I guess I'll have to send e-mail to the creator of VTTES to see if they'll ever support a page JSON import/export function.