Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Roll20 Seems to be broken outside of the maps

I don't know if it is a server load error or a new layout gone wrong, but the entirety of my campaign information and discussion is essentially unusable currently, as all of the formatting I have made has been ignored/disappeared that had previously been working fine. I am not talking complex formatting, these are simple things like pressing enter twice to make a new row. I thought it was a page load error but I tried it on several computers and several browsers and it persists regardless. I currently cannot use the forums or the campaign description as a place to communicate with my players or to put up notes from previous sessions as it is all funky. As soon as I log into Roll20, even before I get to the campaign page the "new" formatting starts. It seems like someone stripped the CSS or something from the internal website.
1409776472

Edited 1409776506
Gauss
Forum Champion
Please send me a join link and I will take a look.
I am trying to but it seems that most of the functionality isn't working. Most of my inputs aren't being registered, I had to manually come back to this post as well since the quick toggle of the inbox apparently isn't working.
I will post screenshots to show what it looks like right now.
1409777632

Edited 1409777649
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, that sounds like some kind of problem on your end. Please go here and follow the steps: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a>
Here are a list of the screenshots. Again this problem is persisting across multiple browsers, devices and computers. I have done all the tests in that link already or I wouldn't be asking here about it. The console log makes no sense since it isn't a problem WITHIN the gaming session it is literally every other aspect that is the problem. Here are the screenshots I promised: <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dz555jn58sc41pe/AAC-sMnyLOgQFnczoB6U42ada?dl=0" rel="nofollow">https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dz555jn58sc41pe/AAC-sMnyLOgQFnczoB6U42ada?dl=0</a> It is like this in my household across 3 computers, 2 tablets and 5 different browsers.
1409778113

Edited 1409778174
Gauss
Forum Champion
From the looks of it, you may not be getting everything from the website. I suggest resetting your router. I will still need you to post the console log of the website for the Devs to look at.
I have reset it twice today as a check initially after the first several attempts since nothing changed on my end between yesterday and today. Here are the logs, and yes, I'm apparently not getting things, so at least we have that figured out. So now how do I get them since I have tried repeatedly resetting the router on my end today over the last few hours? Picture of logs: <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfot53tpmpqu26m/Screenshot%202014-09-03%2017.06.15.png?dl=0" rel="nofollow">https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfot53tpmpqu26m/Screenshot%202014-09-03%2017.06.15.png?dl=0</a>
1409778646
Gauss
Forum Champion
I will forward that to the Devs.
I am seeing similar behavior. The actual application seems to work fine, but anything outside of it (including the ability to create new campaigns) is not working; the JavaScript does not seem to be loading.
It looks like you have several extensions (including Ad Block Plus) installed based on your screenshot. Did you follow all the instructions in the linked Wiki file? Disable all your extensions and see if that helps. If not let us know.
Yes I have had it happen on various sets of extensions on and off. I followed all the instructions and have tested it on multiple different devices, some on which don't have extensions at all, and in multiple different browsers, the result is always the same.
I would edit the previous post, but well, I can't. I followed the directions and when they didn't work I reverted everything to how it was PRIOR to everything being screwed up. Nothing changed on my side between yesterday and today.
To clarify computers, 1 laptop (old) running windows 7, 2 custom builds running windows 7, 1 samsung galaxy s4, 1 samsung galaxy s5, 1 iPad2 I have tried Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox and Internet Explorer (last resort of a desperate GM). I have tried with extensions on, extensions off, on wifi, on cabled connection, on mobile internet and while tethering. I have restarted my router multiple times and I have not changed ANYTHING since the prior time I used the site (yesterday before bed) and when I woke up today and tried to update something (its my work procrastinator).
Also apparently its happening with another players account in my campaign as well.
1409784594

Edited 1409784600
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hannah , please have any of your players who is having this issue post in this thread.
1409785142
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I don't suppose Hannah and Patrick share the same ISP or live in the same region...
1409788110
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Are the Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, and iPad2 all using your same WiFi Connection? Can you take them and/or your laptop to a Starbucks/Friends house with a different ISP and try it from there? It sounds like something your ISP is doing is corrupting some of the javascript. Going elsewhere will confirm or deny that the issue is your ISP.
It may indeed be the ISP -- I brought up this site (the forums) on my iPad (Chrome browser) using the house wifi, and the stylesheets/scripts were just as on my desktop (ie, bad). I then turned off the wifei, cleared the browser cache, and accessed the site through the cellular link... and everything came back properly. So that's the good news. The bad news is that my home ISP is Verizon, so Hannah and I (who do not know each each other) are probably far from the last people who will experience this.
Verizon is my ISP as well, I don't know Patrick, I have requested my players that have problems post here, but they aren't the promptest of people. I have toggled the wifi off on my phone (also goes through verizon though :-/) and used the 4g to test, it is still screwy.
Count my group as having the same issues, as well. As soon as I login the whole format goes to crap.
A couple additional data points: I mentioned that it seemed to work OK via my iPad if I used the cellular network rather than the home wifi, but I neglected to mention that the cellular connection was AT&T. Also, a couple folks have noted that the actual tabletop works OK, just not the website or the forums. However, there are a few items in the tabletop app that are also screwy: if you attempt to edit a character sheet (in my case the Pathfinder template), the WYSIWYG editors for text do not appear. Some of the icons in the charactersheet do not appear as per normal -- instead they are text characters. Screenshots: <a href="http://www.marstall.com/images/screenshot1.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://www.marstall.com/images/screenshot1.jpg</a> <a href="http://www.marstall.com/images/screenshot2.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://www.marstall.com/images/screenshot2.jpg</a> Sorry about the formatting, that's shot too.
Anyone else having this issue: are you all on Verizon?
Yep, this is my issue as well and I am indeed on Verizon.
It would seem that Verizon-based customers are having an issue contacting our CDN to download all the needed assets to join games. I'll see if I can figure out a temporary workaround.
For what it's worth, the firebug output. Loading the home page: <a href="http://www.marstall.com/images/firebug1.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://www.marstall.com/images/firebug1.jpg</a> Loading a forum thread: <a href="http://www.marstall.com/images/firebug2.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://www.marstall.com/images/firebug2.jpg</a>
Can you try clearing your cache and reloading now?
Aaaand we're back!
I'm good now. Didn't even have to clear the cache. Did you sacrifice a goat or something?
Okay, good deal. Somehow Verizon apparently cached a wonky version of something. Clearing out the CDN fixed it. Glad that worked! :-)
WHOA EVERYTHING LOOKS PRETTY!