Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Google Doc's image format breaks when pasted

Me and my friends create images from google docs, then decorate handouts by maintaining their formatting.  I think it worked out right until about two months ago. However, recently, there was a problem when I copied and pasted from Google Docs. The image is displayed properly until it is pasted into "Description & Notes", but when you press "Save change", only the border of the image is left and the image itself disappears. Only the background color and letter format remain. Originally, I used Chrome version 113.0.5672.93, and I tried it with Firefox or Microsoft Edge. As expected, it didn't work.  I don't know if this is something that changed when Google updated or what Roll20 updated. I'm just leaving a post on the forum just in case there's a way to fix it. If it doesn't work, I think I'll leave an inquiry with the Roll20 team.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Given how Google docs embeds their images, I'm surprised this ever worked. 
I don't know the logic of that how Google docs embeds their images in detail. Can you descript of that?  I'm guessing there's probably an image link created in the Google Doc, so roll 20 shows using that.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I just meant that once placed, it is difficult to extract an image out of a google doc. You can copy and paste, but you can't open the un-resized original image, for instance.