Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5E OGL Sheets do not update Spell Save DCs when they change.

This has been an issue for awhile, can we please get this looked into? The only way to fix it is to delete any spell with a DC and re-add them into the sheet which is quite the hassle.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi DM Deadman,  Could you go into more detail? What is being changed? What is the expectation and what is not happening?
When a player's spell save DC gets updated in anyway it appears to not apply to spells that they cast.
I believe the spell will accurately roll based on the Spell Save DC, but in any spell descriptions the Spell Save DC that is displayed is only calculated when the spell is initially created on the character sheet. So if a character levels up and their Spell Save DC increases, the roll is correct but the text description is wrong. (I’m on mobile and can’t confirm at the moment). 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you give a screen shot? The DC that prints below the spell template is pulled from the universal spell DC on the sheet. AFAIK, the spell descirpition text is not altered in any way.

Edited 1684284740
Gauss
Forum Champion
DM Deadman said: When a player's spell save DC gets updated in anyway it appears to not apply to spells that they cast. I second Keithcurtis' request for a screen shot. :) Please include how you are updating the spell, there are numerous ways to do that and that can affect trying to replicate it. 
I already fixed it by deleting all the spells and re-adding them, if it happens again I'll get a screenshot.

Edited 1684342831
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, in lieu of a screenshot what is being changed (specifics) and which spell you are casting, and which button you are using to cast it would help. Note: there are multiple (2-3) buttons to cast any given spell, which is why we need to know the button specifics. Also, knowing exactly what is being changed can help try to reproduce this as there are multiple ways to affect the Spellcasting Ability and the Spell Save DC.
Will this work?

Edited 1685049984
Gauss
Forum Champion
DM Deadman said: Will this work? Yes, that works. Ahh I see the problem, the "Description Spellcard" (which is different than the normal Spellcard) is set to the save set at the time the spell is created.  I suggest filing a bug report with the Devs on this via the Help Center .  In the meantime I suggest changing the second sentence of the spellcard to this:  "Each creature in a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must make a DC  [[@{spell_save_dc}]]  Intelligence saving throw." (without quotes)