Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trying to Find Cyberpunk animated lights Asset pack.

Hello community, Im looking for an animated lights assetpack for use with cyberpunk. This is a wishlist of things it must have, monitor glows, spinning lights for like Police cars or other,  Neon flickering ambient light sources ect. Any help in locating packs that may have these things would be greatly appreciated.  There are plenty that are static, i am looking for animated.
Tiffany M.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
I have one so far with the items requested by another Roll20 user. <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/23536/cyberpunk-lights-animated-alerts-and-blinking-sci-fi-lights" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/23536/cyberpunk-lights-animated-alerts-and-blinking-sci-fi-lights</a> You could definitely use the alarm lights in red and blue to get the police car effect. The trouble with making animated lights is that the "bloom" effect does not export when you render a transparent .webm from Blender. It only shows up on a background image that's been baked in. That's because it's caused by a layer effect. So something like a flickering monitor glow or flickering ambient light is impossible to export and have it show up correctly because the way it impacts the map is only caused by this built in layer blend mode in Blender. You can get a gorgeous light and then all that shows up is a flashing circle. That's why you will only see these things as non-animated overlays. For example, I could make a police car that has flashing lights. Definitely possible. You would see the effect only on the car though, it wouldn't cause a halo. But to make a glowing monitor, it would have to be on a preset background so that it has something to glow over. Blender simply refuses to make a glow that is only a transparent version of a bright color. This has been a problem for a long time. I've put hours into trying to find a solution. I have not found one. You can see this problem in the pack I linked, actually. I have the glowing 'manhole' style labels that have a flashing sign on them, and those glow properly, but the isolated circles and lines don't create a glow when placed on a map, they only flash. I am continuing to work on solving this but since Roll20 doesn't take .gifs, only .webm for animations, I haven't found a way to make good animated glows yet. You may have to just use non-animated glows to get that atmosphere, or find animated maps with it baked in. Personally I'd go with non-animated lighting. Animation is good for drawing the eye to major quest objectives... if you use it for everything ambient it will lose its impact as a major eye-draw. For example I've used animation for a major fight, a mysterious quest objective... but I don't use it for things like fog and rain. I don't want to lose the fact that animation stands out as a very obvious "this item is different" on non-animated maps.