Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Connect to Voice & Video?

It would sure be nice if Roll20 didn't pop up a window asking us if we want to Join Voice & Video EVERY SINGLE TIME we refresh the page. The vast majority of us aren't using it anyway.
Shard said: It would sure be nice if Roll20 didn't pop up a window asking us if we want to Join Voice & Video EVERY SINGLE TIME we refresh the page. The vast majority of us aren't using it anyway. Are you using Private Browsing (aka Incognito) all the time or do you delete cache / cookies when closing your Browser? I usually set it once and then never see this pop-up again. That is - of course - if I use my normal Browser and no incognito or private browsing... There, I see the Pop-up first time I enter a campaign...
I do not do either of those things.
Shard said: I do not do either of those things. Do you use any Extensions that could interfere with Roll20?
Not that I am aware of, at least nothing that ever interfered with Roll20 up until the point they started "improving" their video/voice feature. I Beyond20 as many people do, but that's it. TheMarkus1204 said: Shard said: I do not do either of those things. Do you use any Extensions that could interfere with Roll20?
The point is that Roll20's Voice system has been notoriously bad, and virtually no one ever uses it. Pushing it with pop-ups is unwelcome and annoying.
For those who want the answer, I FINALLY FOUND IT!!! Go to Settings -> Audio & Video -> Chat Tech (with the drop-down) Change the "Chat Tech" setting to "None" This will completely remove the voice and video chat from the game, so you won't get that pesky "Join Voice & Video" popup
That's great, but you can only do it with your own games (i.e. the ones you created). If you're just a player, you don't have that option. Codecritter said: For those who want the answer, I FINALLY FOUND IT!!! Go to Settings -> Audio & Video -> Chat Tech (with the drop-down) Change the "Chat Tech" setting to "None" This will completely remove the voice and video chat from the game, so you won't get that pesky "Join Voice & Video" popup
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .