Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

ChatSetAttr Not Updating Sheet

This appears to be a very similar issue to this one .  But after looking at the solutions offered there, this still isn't working. The command I'm using is  !modattr --charid @{The Dwarf From the North|character_id} --class_resource|-1 I receive a message from ChatSetAttr which makes it look like it's working. In fact, it will continue to decrement (or increase), *according to the message from ChatSetAttr* (taking the class_resource to 2, then to 1, etc.) but no change is made to the character sheet. Other relevant stuff (and answers to questions from the other post): I have tried using the setattr and modbattr commands with the same results I have tried a different character sheet that I control (i'm a player in this campaign) and it works fine There is only one character sheet "The Dwarf From the North" in this campaign. No token has class_resource set on one of the bars No one else is in the campaign during testing, and no one (including me) has the character sheet open.  I've tested it with the character sheet open and not open and it doesn't have an effect. The same behavior occurs for other attributes.  I tested adjusting the Strength and hp attributes.  I always get the message from ChatSetAttr, and it always calculates the modified value correctly when using modattr or modbattr.  But it doesn't change the character sheet. This is a fully-developed character that I've been playing from 1st to 7th level without any significant customization to the character sheet, using Charactermancer to level up. I downloaded the character to my character vault, uploaded it into a different game, and I get the same behavior. Do you have any suggestions for something else to try?

Edited 1684567021
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
"I have tried a different character sheet that I control (i'm a player in this campaign) and it works fine" Are you saying it works fine on other sheets but this one character fails to work properly? If so, character sheets do sometimes (rarely) get corrupted, and the best solution would be to manually copy everything from that sheet to another, and use the new one going forward.
Thanks GiGs.  Yes, it works fine on other sheets, just not this one. I was thinking that it just might be a corruption in the character sheet, but thought I'd check before I went to that trouble.  Thanks for the confirmation/suggestion.