Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Promoted GM Default Settings Not Working

I bought Curse of Strahd and created a game page for my friend to run the game. I promoted him to GM and it's working fine for the most part, but when I change the game default settings for character sheet rolls, those defaults do not change on his side. Desired settings: advantage toggle, never whisper rolls, and don't auto roll damage. His settings default to: advantage toggle, always whisper rolls, and auto roll damage. Picture for reference: Does anyone know how to fix this?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Changing the campaign settings does not apply those changes to the existing things in the campaign. The process needs to be completed by applying them via Apply Default Settings (go to My Settings tab then Miscellaneous).  Checkmark the desired change(s), click apply, then wait for the meter to complete.  If you are doing that and your friend is still not seeing the changes have them clear their cache. That may fix the problem. 
Yeah, we've done the apply default method several times. I'll let him know to try clearing his cache.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Just double checking here, are you waiting for the progress bar to complete when hitting Apply Default Settings?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gauss said: Just double checking here, are you waiting for the progress bar to complete when hitting Apply Default Settings? Agreed. That progress bar is ridiculously thin and easy-to-miss, and is one of the top causes of failure in the process.
Yep! The loading bar completes every time. Just seems to have the same default settings on his side when I run the process.
Wordsmith said: Yep! The loading bar completes every time. Just seems to have the same default settings on his side when I run the process. Have you checked all the checkboxes necessary?
Yep! All boxes that were changed from the game page default settings were selected before hitting apply.

Edited 1684877159
Gauss
Forum Champion
One thing you could try...demote him to player, then make sure everything is set correctly, then re-promote him to GM.  It is a shot in the dark, but weirder things have happened. 
I am having a bunch of bugs in my games too. Auto damage rolls arent working - so same issue as here. I also cant open any journal links in either of my main games. Both are published campaign modules, have not touched settings or adjusted anything on browser at all. One game has gone unchanged for over a year. Other on the first 3 sessions were fine, couldn't click anything to work normally tonight. I assume it is Roll20 bugs to go with all of their updating. 

Edited 1684904263
Gauss
Forum Champion
Andrew, I can also confirm that journal links are breaking in multiple games. This only appears to be applicable to links that come with purchased products, not links I have made myself as those are still working. I have let the Devs know. However I was not able to replicate the auto-damage rolls problem. Could you elaborate?

Edited 1684947936
Gauss
Forum Champion
Regarding the hyperlink issue in the Journal tab that issue has now been resolved .  Please let me know if there are further issues.