Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spells not outputting right in chat after I make one using ChatSetAttr

I used this chatsetattr command to make it easy to put homebrew spells into my character's sheets: !setattr --sel --replace --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spellname|Birds  --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spellschool|conjuration --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spellcastingtime|1 action --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spellrange|30 feet --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spellcomp_v|{{v=1}} --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spellcomp_s|{{s=1}} --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spellcomp_m|{{m=0}} --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spellconcentration|{{concentration=0}} --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spellduration|1 minute --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spelloutput|ATTACK --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spellattack|Ranged  --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spelldamage|1d6 --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spelldamagetype|bird --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spelldescription|Birds be birdin' And it does it just fine, it sets the spell and fills in all the specified parameters, however when I click the spell in the sheet it sends an output to chat that looks a little wonky (See picture). It doesn't have a button for attack or anything and instead has the character ID or something. I tried this code on other games and got the same result, and when I enter the spell manually on the sheet it works fine. Anyody have any ide why it's doing this and what I can do to fix it?

Edited 1684710936
I think you’re having a similar issue to this question  here . I’m on mobile so I can’t check but I think it might be the spelloutput|ATTACK that needs to be fixed. I can look it up later when I’m home. 
Jarren said: I think you’re having a similar issue to this question  here . I’m on mobile so I can’t check but I think it might be the spelloutput|ATTACK that needs to be fixed. I can look it up later when I’m home.  yeah that's the macro I used to try and do it, what would I have to change about spelloutput|ATTACK you think?

Edited 1685124480
Ok I did a little testing.  Initially I wasn't getting the issue you're getting with the odd formatting showing up in chat. I cut-and-pasted your code to a Test Wizard character and the spell info was inputted and displayed in chat. However, my character was set to 'Auto Roll Damage and Crit'. Once I changed that to 'Don't Auto Roll Damage and Crit' then I got the same output showing the spell reference ID instead of the clickable button for the damage roll. Here are the two rolls I made. The first was made directly after using your ChatSetAttr command to add the spell. The second was after manually toggling to SPELLCARD and back to ATTACK: I did it again after changing to  'Don't Auto Roll Damage and Crit'  and had a similar issue until I manually changed to 'ATTACK': So what's going on is  there is a bug with the OUTPUT field not triggering the sheetworkers to actually create the spellattackid. It's pretty easy to test and confirm. If you input your ChatSetAttr command and then run this command you get a blank Spell ID: Output: [ @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spelloutput} ] Spell ID: [ @{selected|repeating_spell-1_$0_spellattackid} ] If you then manually change the OUTPUT to SPELLCARD and back to ATTACK then it generates a Spell ID: I thought maybe I could force ChatSetAttr to trigger the sheetworkers into creating a spellattackid by adding ' --repeating_spell-1_-CREATE_spellattackid| ' into the code, which it did, but still not correctly.  It created a non-functioning spellattackid.  Then I realized that everytime the OUTPUT is changed to ATTACK, a new spellattackid is generated by the sheetworkers. So I don't have a solution. Hopefully others with more sheetworker or Mod experience can chime in with ideas, or help forward this to devs to see if this is a Roll20 issue that needs to be addressed. I don't remember this being an issue with the other post that I linked to, and using that  code is having the same problem of not triggering the sheetworkers as your code now. In the meantime, it sounds like you can use the code to create spells, but you'll have to manually toggle the OUTPUT field once each time a spell is created in order to trigger the sheetworkers until a better solution is found.