Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trying to made additions to existing character sheet

So we are playing a game that has some additional char sheet tracking requirements in pathfinder What I wanted to do was make some additions to the existing pathfinder by roll20 character sheet that we are using.. My process was to download the existing source from&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder%20by%20Roll20" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder%20by%20Roll20</a> and add a new tab and some changes.&nbsp; This all works fine and the new tab works great except that I found that the charactermancer button isn't working..&nbsp; and the charactermancer seems to break the existing page when it tries to run on the original launch of the page. In my troubleshooting, I found that even just using the original source from&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder%20by%20Roll20" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder%20by%20Roll20</a> without any modification, and it still has the same issue.&nbsp; So what I have done is take the .html, .css and translation.json and paste them into the custom sheet section, and check the Legacy Sanitation.. So I'm not sure if what I'm doing just won't work, or if I am missing a step beyond what I have stated, or if the source from <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder%20by%20Roll20" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder%20by%20Roll20</a> is not actually the correct source? Thanks for any advice!
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Some time back, the "by Roll20" sheets went proprietary.&nbsp; Any changes made since that time are hosted somewhere that isn't publicly accessible.&nbsp; I didn't think that sheet had received much in updates in that time, but perhaps it has. Since the charactermancer is only for level 1 characters on that sheet, is it a necessity your players can't live without? Do the creatures from the compendium build correctly when using your custom tweaks?&nbsp; Can you still drag/drop items, spells, and such to sheets from the compendium? If everything but the charactermancer works, it might be worth it to just create the first level characters manually.
Thanks for the reply.&nbsp; The immediate trouble is that for new sheets, the charactermancer seems to partially fire and grey out the whole sheet (although it still works) with no way to close the non existent dialog, but I think that should be surmountable either by removing that trigger from the source or just by having people cancel out of the charactermancer and save before switching to the custom sheet.&nbsp; My other concern though is that since it didn't work the same as the original my process could be flawed and unknown problems could come back to harass us during the campaign.&nbsp; If the source is outdated, I suppose that makes sense and they may have made some changes to roll20 itself that require tweaks to the character sheet since then

Edited 1685408798
I am now also noticing that the compendium (the "i") icon is not available when I use the custom character sheet.&nbsp; Is this because the compendium is just not available when you have custom character sheet selected, is that expected behavior for custom sheets? Is there a way to turn it on?&nbsp; The functionality that uses the compendium should be unchanged, Edit: Sorry I had misread your original reply where you had asked about whether the compendium still works..&nbsp; It does not.&nbsp; I guess it has changed significantly enough to make modding it not an option.&nbsp; Figures.&nbsp;

Edited 1685421155
Gauss
Forum Champion
Jason F. said: I am now also noticing that the compendium (the "i") icon is not available when I use the custom character sheet.&nbsp; Is this because the compendium is just not available when you have custom character sheet selected, is that expected behavior for custom sheets? Is there a way to turn it on?&nbsp; The functionality that uses the compendium should be unchanged, Edit: Sorry I had misread your original reply where you had asked about whether the compendium still works..&nbsp; It does not.&nbsp; I guess it has changed significantly enough to make modding it not an option.&nbsp; Figures.&nbsp; Which compendium is activated is selected when you select your character sheet.&nbsp; However, you can go into your Campaign Settings (in the website, not the VTT) and select a compendium so that you can still use the compendium even if it doesn't match the character sheet.&nbsp; Note that any character sheet based compendium usage will probably not work if you are not using the proper character sheet. Example: NPCs/Monsters and drag and drop to your character sheet functionality.
Thanks very much for this.&nbsp; I was able to correct the compendium after setting it back to pathfinder. It should still work mostly correctly. Actually the wrong compendium is the reason the character mancer wasn't working for me.&nbsp; It must have dependencies on the compendium, once I switched it to pathfinder everything seems to be working correctly that I have tested so far including dragging spells and using the charactermancer and npc sheet.&nbsp; Looks like I was missing a step.&nbsp; Thanks again for both your help.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Jason F. said: Thanks very much for this.&nbsp; I was able to correct the compendium after setting it back to pathfinder. It should still work mostly correctly. Actually the wrong compendium is the reason the character mancer wasn't working for me.&nbsp; It must have dependencies on the compendium, once I switched it to pathfinder everything seems to be working correctly that I have tested so far including dragging spells and using the charactermancer and npc sheet.&nbsp; Looks like I was missing a step.&nbsp; Thanks again for both your help. Yes, the charactermancer is both character sheet and compendium dependent.&nbsp;