Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

PowerCards Assistance

Edited 1685127468
Hello. I just started using PowerCards today, and am trying to create a roll for dousing for PTU. I want to allow the table to create repeat rolls based on how many times they can douse, and then create 6 separate rolls that will be able to tell them how many shards that they acquired from the dice rolled. The way the roll should work is that they input their Skill that allows them to Douse. Every roll I have needs to be able to explode on a 5 or 6. (I think I got that part done.) Then based on that, I want each roll to do a second roll based on how many times a 4+ was rolled.  Shards are acquired on a rate of: 1 - Red 2 - Orange 3 - Yellow 4 - Green 5 - Yellow 6 - Purple I want the Shard Results section to look a little something along the lines of how this table: Red [R] Orange [O] Yellow [Y] Green [G] Blue [B] Purple [P] [Total] [Total] [Total] [Total] [Total] [Total] In this case, I would want the second roll that has the total 1d6s to all be able to label out and filter into the bottom ending roll. Is this possible? Such as, if a player rolls 8 successful dousing dice, and then they roll 5 1s and 3 6s, it would automatically input to show under Red that they got 5 shards of that color and 3 of the Purple color.  I'm sorry if this isn't the proper place to post this. This is my first time using the forums. Thanks for the help. !power {{ --format|dousing --orowbg|#211958 --erowbg|#211958 --name|Dousing --Dousing#?{Number of attempts|?}|[[[[?{Occult Rank?|?}+?{The Secrets of Shards?|No,0|Yes,1}+?{Beach or Cave?|No,0|Yes,1}+?{Skill Stunt?|No,0|Yes,1}+?{Crystal Resonance?|No,0|Yes,3}]]d6>4!?{Exploding Dice?|?}]] --Shard Results| }}
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Since you've just started, I recommend you switch to ScriptCards, which is actively developed rather than just maintained. 
Oh, thank you very much. I've been trying to review all kinds of different old threads to figure out what to do.
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
The Unfortunate said: Oh, thank you very much. I've been trying to review all kinds of different old threads to figure out what to do. I'm not 100% sure I understand the process involved in this roll, but I can tell you that it is not  possible to do this with PowerCards since rolls can't be factored into other rolls, and true looping isn't supported. ScriptCards can do all of the rolling, calculating, and formatting you are looking for. It sounds like you want to get information from each player in the same execution of the script, which is fairly complicated (though doable) with Roll20/ScriptCards. It would need to be a reentrant script that would whisper a button to each player to have them click it and enter their information. Each reentrant point would need to check to see if they are the last needed entry and then proceed.