Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ghost Token keeps showing up for the Player and can be deleted - the DM can't see it at all.

Pic 1 shows the DM vision, just the one Token appearing.  Pic 2 shows the Player vision, with a ghost Token with a different Tooltip showing - it's a Token I made and later renamed. Deleting the ghost Token doesn't solve things as it reappears when updating the screen. I've confirmed that the Token doesn't show up in the Dynamic Lighting mode either as I've got walls hindering movement turned on, which shows where relevant Tokens are. I wonder if it's some sort of memory issue in Roll20 as this ghostly Token is one I put in days ago and later edited or outright deleted? If this shows up elsewhere it can turn into a headache.
Also, I don't understand why the Player Tokens aren't hidden behind the artwork - I assume Roll20 prioritises Player tokens so they would have to be de-coupled from the Character?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It could be a case of bad data hanging around longer than it should be. Have both you and your player tried clearing cache and cookies? Does the issue persist if either or both of you are using a private browsing window? If neither of these helps, it might be worth capturing a   Console Log ( Chrome , Firefox )and filing a  Help Center Request  to get real dev eyes on this. As for your second post, I am assuming those player summary graphics are on the token layer? The Z-order of tokens can appear different for different users for a number of reasons, but in general, tokens that have a specific controller should appear on top of tokens that are not controlled by that player. To answer this part, we would need to know more about the nature of the tokens that are appearing on top, who controls them, and whether they have sight enabled. This is a case where screenshots might be helpful.
Thanks, I used an Incognito window for my dummy player-account, and it wasn't there no more. That makes sense. I wish there was an option to enable or disable "priority top layer" for Player tokens though, since you sometimes want to do something creative using tokens.
Anyway, this issue is resolved.