Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ruler HOTKEY???

What happened to the ruler hotkey? It used to be "Q" and now somehow it got changed to "Q+S"?? Why? And in the hotkey options there isnt even an option to customize the hotkeys for the ruler? How to revert back to "Q" only??
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi D,  Several weeks ago the "Q" shortcut to get to the currently active ruler was removed from the system. A bug report has been filed on this, many folks (including myself) hope that it will be restored.  As for Q+S, I don't see that functionality. Could you screenshot where you see that? 
I just press Q then fast after S, and it activates the tool needs some quite precise timing so its very annoying its like for activating the fog tool you have to do r+ other key

Edited 1685648128
Gauss
Forum Champion
D said: I just press Q then fast after S, and it activates the tool needs some quite precise timing so its very annoying its like for activating the fog tool you have to do r+ other key "q+s" (without quotes) is the switch for "Show measure to others" when using Advanced Keyboard Shortcuts and is not a Keyboard Shortcut. It incidentally turns on the measurement tool. It has always been there iirc.  If you are using Advanced Keyboard Shortcuts you can still use the measurement tool by hitting q+1, q+2, and q+3 for each measurement tool option.  As said earlier though, for regular non-advanced Keyboard Shortcuts Q was removed and it is hoped that the Devs will correct that at some point.