Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ability to Backup Campaigns

This is a big one, and I think probably would have some hurdles, but it would amazing if there was a way to backup a campaign - including the character handouts, maps, and any art from your library used. It is painful when you have run many campaigns and don't want to erase old ones you want to go back to some day and there's no way to archive them to bring them back later, but want to clear the space for now.   Anyway, I think this would be an outstanding feature to offer perhaps even on a paid tier that I suspect would be welcome by all.
You can actually copy a game.  It's in the games Settings menu (click on the game name from Home, rather than Lauch). You get presented with a page where you can chose how much to copy.  It's not perfect: the Game Settings revert to default, for example.  And if you copy them,  players still have access to both games, and I've had problems with people joining the "backup" and making changes to their characters, thinking that they are working on the live game. We really need a "make backup" and "restore backup" (ie copy backup to a new game), where the backup doesn't show up as a playable game, but is available in case its needed, and where you get everything cleanly backed up and recreated. So, I'll +1 for archiving games like that.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .