Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bug? Issue Targeting Multiple Tokens In Single Call

Hi all, I'm trying out selecting multiple targets using the syntax from the Macros Help Center page : @{target|Target1|HP} vs @{target|Target2|AC} But I'm having a strange issue with the target selection. It pops up with the expected "Choose Target: Target1" instruction, but when I click on a valid target token, it just... stops, as if the targeting had been canceled out of entirely, giving no option to choose target2 and not even successfully capturing target1. It's not an issue with the tokens or the syntax, because it works just fine doing the same thing with only one of "@{target|target1|HP}" or "@{target|target2|AC}". In trying to identify the problem, I once saw a brief blip of a "Choose Target: Target2" instruction overlaid immediately after I clicked the first target, but it was literally a fraction of a second before it disappeared, so I guess something is going wrong in the sequential firing? I can reproduce the brief blip fairly reliably by adding a third "@{target|target3|HP}", but not anything more than that. I also found that if I used a nonexistent attribute in the target1 call it would throw the expected error ( "No attribute was found for @{TARGET:Target1|garbage}" ) , but NOT for target2 regardless of whether it was a real attribute. So it's definitely not reaching/finishing the actual target2 call. I tried it in 3 games, one of which was a totally fresh new game with no API scripts or anything, just made 2 test characters and had the same results. I'm using Firefox. I couldn't find anything like this in the forums - anyone else experiencing this or know what might be going wrong?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Rowan! If you are using the new toolbar UI, you may need to opt out until that is fixed. That is a known issue the devs have been informed of. If you are not using the new UI, then post back, and we'll see about getting to the bottom of what's going on.
Oop, that's exactly what it is! I like the new toolbar so much I forgot it was a preview and didn't even think to check there for interactions :) Thanks for the quick help, Keith, and glad to know the devs are already aware! keithcurtis said: Hi Rowan! If you are using the new toolbar UI, you may need to opt out until that is fixed. That is a known issue the devs have been informed of. If you are not using the new UI, then post back, and we'll see about getting to the bottom of what's going on.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Hi Rowan! If you are using the new toolbar UI, you may need to opt out until that is fixed. That is a known issue the devs have been informed of. If you are not using the new UI, then post back, and we'll see about getting to the bottom of what's going on. Interesting. What is the known issue? Does it just affect multiple targetting?
GiGs said: keithcurtis said: Hi Rowan! If you are using the new toolbar UI, you may need to opt out until that is fixed. That is a known issue the devs have been informed of. If you are not using the new UI, then post back, and we'll see about getting to the bottom of what's going on. Interesting. What is the known issue? Does it just affect multiple targetting? Keith helpfully pulled another report of it into the main redesign thread here - looks like it is specifically multiple targeting, single still works and when I opted out (temporarily) multiple targeting was fine. Seems it caused a couple people's macros/scripts to break.

Edited 1686651394
Hi I have single targeting on a macro and it fizzles just as described for multi target, new UI.  I have submitted feedback but just wanted to chuck my two-penneth in .  Switch back and it all goes fine, but sticking with new UI because yummmm edited - my bad, I thought since I was only selecting a single target that there was also a problem with that, however the part of the macro referring to target reads @{target|foe|token_name} rolls a [[1d20+ @{target|npc_con_save} + @{target|constitution_save_prof}]] and if I replace @{target|foe|token_name} with @{target|token_name} everything works as intended
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rowan P. said: GiGs said: keithcurtis said: Hi Rowan! If you are using the new toolbar UI, you may need to opt out until that is fixed. That is a known issue the devs have been informed of. If you are not using the new UI, then post back, and we'll see about getting to the bottom of what's going on. Interesting. What is the known issue? Does it just affect multiple targetting? Keith helpfully pulled another report of it into the main redesign thread here - looks like it is specifically multiple targeting, single still works and when I opted out (temporarily) multiple targeting was fine. Seems it caused a couple people's macros/scripts to break. Thank you! I had missed that thread.