Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Frequently getting kicked out of my game

I have an ongoing issue that has really bothered me for a long time. When I am playing or DMing, I frequently get kicked out of the launched game and it goes back to my My Games menu. It's like the game un-launches or something. I have tried a lot of things to fix this but haven't been able to. I've tried three different browsers (Chrome, FF, and Edge) and the same thing happens in all of them, so it doesn't seem to be a browser or extension issue. Just in case I also removed any extensions related to Roll20 (VTTES, etc.) Is there any help you guys can provide because this issue is driving me crazy. It happens at different times in the game, and I can't really pin it down to one thing. I do always play with my character sheet popped out in another window, however.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi PeregrineFalcon,  I see you have said you removed some extensions, but it may be an extension that is unrelated to Roll20 but causing an impact in some way.  Please disable all extensions or try running in a Private or Incognito tab.  It is worth noting that hitting the "back" button can also cause this. If there is some keyboard or mouse shortcut that has back on it you might be accidentally hitting it. I would look into that. 
Gauss, that is true about the back button, and I use the mouse4 button which usually does back as my push-to-talk button. But I used a utility to disable that feature in Chrome so it shouldn't be a problem. I will check out removing all extensions though.