Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFGM] Curse of Strahd, Most Days open

I am a forever DM looking to do a Curse of Strahd game with a paladin of vengeance. However my group aren't interested in taking the DM mantle so I set out to Roll20 to find a cool DM with some other cool players to enjoy a game of Curse of Strahd. My discord tag is Phoebus#7100 so shoot me a message. I'm also looking to join a new group so I am less interested in appearing as a replacement.
bump
Heya, I might potentially be interested in running.  I too am a forever DM, but I have a softspot for ravenloft in general.  Being quite familiar with the OG Ravenloft Rules (like REAAALY old RL rules pre- DnD 3.x stuff).  But was wondering, if you would be interested in the game if it was played in Pathfinder 1e rather than DnD.  As I deeply dislike Dungeons and Dragons in its current form.  I'd be willing to let you play your Paladin of Vengeance even if it required heavy conversion. Also, was interested to know how much you'd be interested in playing with the sanity/madness rules, old style Powers Checks or some of the old rules and races native to ravenloft.  Or if you Curse of Strahd played exactly as written in the Adventure Path, my style of GMing is a little more flexible. I have sent you a Friend on Discord, we can speak more fully if you are interested.  Even if you are not interested in me as a GM feel free to accept.  I always like increasing my circle of friends of GM's and Players on discord.
Yeah I get you. I think as for your offer, I played pathfinder once, a long time ago, right when 5e was new and when pathfinder was at it's prime. I can't say I enjoy pathfinder deeply and prefer 5e due to the simplicity of 5e. Pathfinder gets real numbery and becoming "broken" gets easy whereas 5e, there isn't much to do (unless you really really try). I also personally despise the madness/sanity rules. My own personal taste is that I detest any debuff that "interferes with personal agency" (Now if you take a cursre weapon and an incredibily stupid decision or under some super special condition then I'm fine with that). I also hated that in Descent into Avernus that you had to make wisdom saving rolls and a failure lead to becoming "Lawful Evil" to which I dipped immediatly (playing the same paladin, so you can imagine my oath was broken very early on because I had to act my new alignment). I also incredibly despise the Ravenloft gimmick of "All of your spell effects become spooky gothic horror oooooo spooooky." It really takes away the creative freedom of describing what you do, and just kills the vibes very early on. When it comes to Curse of Strahd, I like the aesthetic and I like gothic literature but every time I join one with my buddy it becomes the same issue. That issue being that the DM tries to turn it into "spooky ghosts and horror" and I roll my eyes every time I see it. Its always a DM vs players feeling where the DM is just "messing with players for the sake of it," and then there's always stacking debuffs via madness, lingering injuries or unnecessarily nerfing the paladin because the paladin isn't afraid of the vampires and it just gets so tiresome. The theme is fine but the game just becomes a survival game like Darkest Dungeon, where I'm hoping for more something akin to Castlevannia or "gothic lord of the rings" (If that makes sense). I along with a buddy of mine are looking for something that feels more heroicy, like Diablo 4. Not easy baby mode, like it can be spooky, but it's always the same old "This isn't a game for heroes, its a game for survival and heroics are pointless and just get you killed." If that makes any sense, and I hope it isn't too much to ask for.
Sent a discord request
bump