Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Another text tool bug, not working on PC in Chrome

Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
As soon as I click the text tool anywhere on the screen on any map, it just immediately disappears. Tried it on token and map layer, and tried refreshing. On PC Windows 10, on up to date Chrome. Disabled any possible interfering extensions.

Edited 1686021225
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Daniel,  I was not able to replicate this.  Does this happen when using Chrome's Incognito tab?  Does this happen in Firefox?  Is this in the new UI or the legacy UI?

Edited 1686028558
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
While in Legacy UI (toolbar), does not work. Works fine with the new toolbar, but I've opted out of for a few reasons (mostly it's far too large and gaudy and adds little to no functionality).  Does Not work in incognito. Does work fine in Firefox. Does not matter what campaign of mine I open, happens in all of them.

Edited 1686032209
Gauss
Forum Champion
Since this is a specific browser issue I would try clearing your cookies/cache to see if that helps.  Additionally I would disable *all* extensions, see if that helps.  Incognito mode should have bypassed those two issues but perhaps it didn't for some reason. Finally, if none of that helps I would file a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center as the forums are primarily for users helping users. 
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
It seems pretty clearly related to the new tool being on or off. Clearing the cache isn't really worth the hassle to troubleshoot. I have disabled all extensions. I wasn't aware this wasn't the place for reporting official bugs, I'll go and do that. Thanks for mentioning that.