Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Cthulhu 7 by Roll20 NPC Sheet

Edited 1686069248
The Sheet got an update and is now fucked up! What do I mean: If you turn Edit mode on, it is ok that every skill is shown (expected and OK). BUT NOW that every skill (it does not matter if skilled or not) is shown either way, the option to "Expanded NPC Skills" does not make any sense! This option made it so that all skills are displayed as if it was a normal PC. If this was turned OFF, only the skills that had other values in it than standard were displayed... NOW that EVERY Skill is displayed either way, the NPC Sheet is basically USELESS! I don't have the time or inclination to touch every single NPC arc and hide the inactive skills, so they don't show up in the "compact" display (they WERE before the change)! EDIT: STRANGELY this change does NOT count for monsters dragged from the compendium, but for every other NPC Sheet... So if a GM creates a monster sheet, this GM has to toggle each and every skill that is not needed in order for it not to be displayed...
We're taking a look now, thanks TheMarkus1204!

Edited 1686069749
Bianca said: We're taking a look now, thanks TheMarkus1204! Thanks Bianca. The solution to this is rather simple: Display ONLY those skills for NPCs that have been edited (same as it was before, without that visibility toggle that makes - at least in my opinion - absolutely no sense, neither for PCs nor for NPCs); Compendium Entries - tested this out earlier - ignore this visibility toggle completely and you can not turn it on or off as it is just not available! (which is GOOD)

Edited 1686121535
Although skills look normal and as before, "Show Expanded NPC Skills" is still "broken": What I EXPECT to see here is ALL Skills available with the ability to roll on them. That is why it is named "EXPANDED NPC Skills"! WHY else does this option exist? Besides: WHY is the "OWN" Skill displayed if NO EDU is present? (e.g. for Monsters) Opened another Help Center Request for this!

Edited 1686293898
Found out at least WHY OWN has a value of 50... it is the STANDARD VALUE ALWAYS PRESENT even when EDU is not given! Had to HIDE it, cause just setting a value of 0 in EDU did NOT solve it being displayed!!! WHY is this the case?! WHY 50 as Standard for OWN anyway even though the field for EDU is EMPTY?!
This has been resolved!

Edited 1686301109
Bianca said: This has been resolved! JUST TESTED IT IN A NEWLY CREATED CAMPAIGN: This is - as you can see - a newly created NPC sheet. AND what do I see? "SKILLS: Own 50%" I did NOTHING besides turn off edit mode! Sorry to aks you this: Do you actually TEST what you develop?! The Sheet REMAINS Unusable! IF you play Cthulhu (which I assume neither you nor the Sheet devs do) you know that EACH SKILL has a BASIC PERCENTAGE. Take "First Aid" for example... it has a basic value of 30 and is one of the most common skills in Cthulhu. With the REDUCED Skill Set (only Modified skills are displayed) only a doctor or a physician or someone who actually spent points for this skill can use it outright, because this player SEES the skill! Compare the above Screenshot with an OFFICIAL PDF Sheet for Call of Cthulhu 7E! I can tell you that THIS (Screenshot) is NOT an official Cthulhu Sheet! a) Skills are not shown as described above! (MAJOR ISSUE!!!) b) Order of Skills is incorrect! For as long as the Sheet remains in this State, I'd rather copy the values over to a PDF for every one of my players and we use Discord or something else to play on, than use this abomination of a sheet! (Sry but that is how it is right now!) The way to Show all skills (even those not available in the era of the adventure) and just hide those that are not used / can not be used is NOT a good take on the development of the Sheet! (For Reference: there is another sheet here on Roll20, developed by Aqua Alex, Matthew Carpenter, Roric and Orp. THIS Sheet has in its options a dropdown menu to select the era you want to play in. It even has support for PULP Cthulhu! Select the era and the whole sheet changes IMMEDIATELY and shows everything that is needed to play. So maybe you want to take a look at the code of this sheet in order to use it for your own?) AND there is another Bug that came with the Implementation of the PULP features: regarding the rules, a 100 is a FUMBLE! (Depending on the skill rating (skill value below 50 equals Fumble range 96 - 100)). In PULP you need the PULP TALENT in order to reduce a fumble to a simple failure. This does NOT count for standard CTHULU! And as for NPCs: With SHOW EXPANDED NPC SKILLS I am (still) seeing a lot of white spaces: WHY give us the Option to show "Expanded NPC skills" when it only shows the skills already displayed in compact view?! Again: NPCs also have the BASIC PERCENTAGE for all skills! The COMPACT View is helpful, because you only see the modified skills, but in case you need to roll for another skill that was NOT modified in the creation step, you can do shit... you need to turn on Edit Mode and unhide each and every skill to be able to roll on said skill. BUT with the current implementation of the "Sheet" this is not possible simply because all skills that are displayed are ALSO displayed in the compact View... Would you KINDLY pass these on to the Sheet Developers so that this can be fixed? (Best would be to revert all the changes that were made to the sheet and start anew, as before "PULP" and the "Hide / Unhide" was implemented, the sheet was fine and worked perfectly!)

Edited 1686296794
And as for playing PULP Cthulhu I will use the sheet developed by  Aqua Alex, Matthew Carpenter, Roric and Orp. It has only 1 downside: you can not use the compendium with this sheet. BUT just for playing it is perfectly fine (and as stated above, everything is displayed IN ORDER as on the PDF Sheet) EDIT: After seeing what you did to the sheet with PULP enabled it is confirmed! I am NOT going to use the official sheet by Roll20 for anything like it!

Edited 1686323933
Just created a NEW Campaign to test out a few things, and what did I see: "Own" is ALWAYS displayed with a value of 50 although NO VALUE FOR EDU is given!!! As you also can see, the order of skills is still F***ed up and does NOT correspond to the official Cthulhu sheet... And NOW - by selecting PULP Options - I see why you decided to use the hide / unhide option for skills: BUT: why are ALL Psychic skills displayed but none of the others? AND why are there THIS MANY OPTIONS in Settings? You know that - in order to play PULP according to the rules - you need to check each and every one of them, do you not?! I say it now and only this time: THANK YOU FOR RUINING A PERFECTLY WORKING SHEET!!! EDIT:  the previously mentioned sheet for PULP looks like this: Sure, you need to set PULP skills as additional ones, BUT it works like a charm! (AND it shows ALL standard skills in the RIGHT ORDER instead of only the modified and in an incorrect order!)

Edited 1686386487
Bianca, I really don't want to offend anyone here and it was never my intention, BUT I just don't understand how you can mess up a working sheet like that.... WHY are skills simply hidden / made fadeable, which is completely against the rules? EVERY character has at least the basic chance for EVERY skill! So the character should also be able to roll on the skill! To be able to find the skill accordingly fast they are - normally - arranged alphabetically. BUT by hiding the skills this order is no longer given! For NPCs I expect quite simply the following: COMPACT VIEW for the learned skills (points beyond the basic chance!). When I select "Show Expanded NPC Skills", I expect a similar view as for the SC Character Sheet, which includes ALL SKILLS! (So that I can basically roll on ANYTHING with the NPC if needed). BEFORE the change, everything worked beautifully. You could roll on all skills, they were all arranged correctly and there were NO problems with NPCs either. Is it too much to ask that these problems be fixed and the sheet be restored to a state that allows you to play with it? To a state where all skills are displayed and also in the right order that you don't have to go forever searching for a skill? (OR that you have to explain to your players long and wide, how they can show the skills again to be able to roll on them at all!) I find the APPROACH to make the talents fadeable just generally wrong, because it goes in a wrong direction! At the end remains a crippled character sheet, which has not much in common with the original Cthulhu sheet! The following suggestion, which could possibly HELP: 1. fade in ALL TALENTS by default and in the right order (NO possibility to fade out skills!). 2. build a DROPDOWN menu or something like that in the settings of the sheet, where you can select the ERA, e.g. PULP. 3. if e.g. PULP is selected, additionally needed skills are simply faded in, at the place where they also belong in the sheet! But this happens automatically through the sheet! (Player ONLY selects the ERA!) For NPCs: - the COMPACT view shows ONLY the modified talents. - "SHOW Expanded NPC Skills" shows - if selected - ALL available skills (even if only with the basic chance). IMPORTANT: also here ALL SKILLS are shown!

Edited 1686408839
Bianca
Roll20 Team
TheMarkus1204, I'm trying to parse your response by what's an issue and what is a suggestion/request so I can get it prioritized with the team. Can we start with a list of things that are broken or missing from the sheet? Actually, I see you're posting in the best thread for CoC so I'm going to close this for now to focus there!