Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Some players can't do anything with their tokens

Hello, fellas, I need some help with this. I am a GM and run a game for my three friends but two of them can't select or move their token around. I hold and drop tokens from their character sheets onto maps, and I also tried copying already dropped tokens in-between maps. All players have permission to see and edit their sheets respectively. One player can move about, the other two can't.  I also noticed that the player who can interact with their token has a name automatically assigned to it in the token editor, that is the only difference in their settings I picked up on while trying to figure it out. I tried setting the names of the two friends who can't do anything, but roll20 resets those settings, and tokens remain nameless. Updating tokens and refreshing the page does nothing. Sometimes the blank spot overwrites their characters names from the "main" sheets. Maybe this is what causes the issue, I wonder? We all use the same browser to play (Chrome), btw. What can I do to resolve this?
Have the players drag out their token themselves... If you have linked the default token to the sheet, they should be able to move it then. Noticed this bug from time to time too but as a player... It can happen when the GM copies tokens over from one map to another...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Double check (verify) that the token that is dropped on the VTT is still linked to the sheet. There is a specific order to setting up a default token, and if done incorrectly can lead to a token that is incomplete. Links below. Also double check that tokens are being dropped on the token layer, that the player flag is on the same page as the GM at time of play, and that the Split the Party function has not been used. Here is the wiki article on  Linking Tokens to Journals Here is a  video  which demonstrates the procedure
Here is the wiki article on  Linking Tokens to Journals Thank you for the article! I followed it and found that some tokens were indeed incomplete. I updated whatever I could and will ask my players in the next session if everything is alright. Looks better thus far from my point of view but will have to test with my friends.
Everything is now fine! Thanks everyone for their help and suggestions.