Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

June Roll20 Reserve | Scion Second Edition - Book One Origin (Compendium)

Edited 1686058853
jayme@roll20.net
Roll20 Team
Scion Second Edition - Book One Origin &nbsp;by Onyx Path Publishing Scion is a game about Gods and humanity and everything in between. Scion: Origin provides core rules, character-creation info, setting and creature information, and storyguide advice. Fully drag &amp; drop compatible with the Official Scion Character Sheet.&nbsp; This month only, the Scion Second Edition Bundle &nbsp;is 25% off, which means that after claiming Book One through Reserve, you can purchase Book Two Hero &nbsp; for only&nbsp; $22.49 thanks to Dynamic Bundle pricing.&nbsp; &nbsp; About Book One Origin You are the child of a God, born to the magic of yesterday and the promise of tomorrow. You live in a World of myth, where every ancient story is true. Your ancient enemies, the Titans, stir in their prison beneath the lands of the dead. Their spawn issues forth from lands of myth, and the specter of war falls across the heavens. In this age of turmoil, you seize your birthrights and feel the call of your blood. This book includes: The core rules and character-creation information for Scion Second Edition, powered by the Storypath system. An in-depth look at the basic setting of Scion (called _The World_). A list of the major players — the Gods, Titans, and Legendary creatures that comprise the setting. Storyguide advice on running games for pre-Visitation Scions. Fully drag &amp; crop compatible with the Official Scion Character Sheet. How to Claim Navigate to&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/reserve" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/reserve</a> &nbsp;and click "Claim Now." After claiming, you will see a pop-up window verifying your claim.&nbsp; When you click the "Create Game" button, a blank campaign will be created. Set the Character Sheet to Scion Second Edition .&nbsp; This will default your campaign Compendium to Scion Second Edition &nbsp;in some situations - but if it does not, you should set it manually from the Game Settings &gt; Compendium Settings menu.&nbsp; Enjoy!&nbsp; Accessing your Content Compendium You can access Book One origin in the in-app compendium, as well as on the Roll20 web compendium .&nbsp;

Edited 1686054832
After claiming you can create a game with this module, BUT the game is empty! EDIT: Just saw it is only a compendium. But then I accessed said compendium through the Module page and... well... saw this: Same goes for the whole compendium...
TheMarkus1204 said: After claiming you can create a game with this module, BUT the game is empty! EDIT: Just saw it is only a compendium. But then I accessed said compendium through the Module page and... well... saw this: Same goes for the whole compendium... Thanks for that report. It appears something has broken in this compendium's custom styling CSS in dark mode. We will reach out to the publisher and work with them to correct this right away. In the meantime, I recommend using light mode to access the information you need in the moment while we work together on finding the culprit. Thanks so much for your patience and for letting us know!
Dustin
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
The package promises "Fully drag &amp; crop compatible with the Official Scion Character Sheet." However, I can't seem to drag anything into the sheet. I can drag antagonists onto the board as opponents with the sheet, but they only have info in the bio. It is not written in the sheet itself. Characters are not even characters, but handouts. So you can't drag anything from the compendium into the sheet, only antagonists and handouts in the game? In my opinion, that's not what you need a compendium for. And it shouldn't be allowed to be advertised that way.
The sheet is actually broken for Origin. If you input your Birthrights, they randomly disappear, losing all data forever on them. Unusable.
Given this does not appear to work, how about switching this to something else?
Unreadable in "Dark Mode".&nbsp; I had to change the whole account back to light mode before reading.
Brendan R. said: Unreadable in "Dark Mode".&nbsp; I had to change the whole account back to light mode before reading. I'd rather do without the compendium than use Roll20 in Light Mode! I have no desire to destroy my eyes in which I look at islands of white and the contrast in Light Mode leaves much to be desired anyway!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Folks! I'm one of the sheet authors for Sigil Services who produced the Storypath sheet and compendium for Onyx Path Publishing. We're working on figuring out these issues. Some of them like the compendium dark mode issue are straightforward, even if they aren't necessarily immediate fixes. However, I'm having trouble replicating the drag and drop issue and birthrights erasing issues. I've created a separate thread for bug reports so that I can get all this information in one place. If you are having an issue with the compendium and/or sheet, please post the details over in the&nbsp; Official Scion Sheet Issues Master Thread . I'll be following that thread and providing updates there. Thank you, Scott Casey

Edited 1686339639
Clay
Roll20 Team
Hi folks, I want to apologize for the state of this compendium expansion. We are making fast progress on the reported issues with dark mode, drag-and-drop, and birthrights. All Pro members will get a bonus reserve item this month in addition to&nbsp; Scion Second Edition - Book One: Origin . We will share more details on that item and how to claim and access it next week. Thanks again for your patience and understanding! Clay
THANK you for the Additional GIFT, BUT I fear your Marketplace in general has the same BUG regarding DARKMODE:
Also I wonder, why is it that HARD to create a new game with ALL Adventures inside that Module? You can not create a game directly from the Marketplace with it and on the normal game creation page you can only add 1 Module that you need to search for on the right side... WHY not show ONLY the Modules that have been purchesed / are available as a PRE SELECTION?! And then it would be nice if the view was different... Selecting Modules like that to play with is just annoying and unnecessarily time-consuming...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
TheMarkus1204 said: THANK you for the Additional GIFT, BUT I fear your Marketplace in general has the same BUG regarding DARKMODE: Can you give a link to where that display comes from?

Edited 1686841315
Clay
Roll20 Team
By the end of today, all Pro members should receive a code via email for an extra Reserve item for June. It's three one-shot scenarios for Call of Cthulhu (7th Edition) packaged as&nbsp; Gateways to Terror , a $20 value.&nbsp; All three— The Necropolis , &nbsp; What's in the Cellar? &nbsp; and &nbsp; The Dead Boarder —are designed to demonstrate the game's core motifs (mystery, investigation, and horror) in as little as one hour. In the meantime, the Scion compendium expansion &nbsp;will remain available to claim via the Reserve portal for the rest of June. The dark mode issues for this compendium mentioned above will be fixed shortly, and I will post an update on any remaining bugs shortly. As always, thank you for subscribing to Roll20!
I claimed the Code given by Roll20 for the additional Gift ;) keithcurtis said: TheMarkus1204 said: THANK you for the Additional GIFT, BUT I fear your Marketplace in general has the same BUG regarding DARKMODE: Can you give a link to where that display comes from?
Can you PLEASE take a look at the CLAIM Page where you input the Code? This page has Dark Mode issues, too, you know? (See my Screenshot above!) Clay said: By the end of today, all Pro members should receive a code via email for an extra Reserve item for June. It's three one-shot scenarios for Call of Cthulhu (7th Edition) packaged as&nbsp; Gateways to Terror , a $20 value.&nbsp; All three— The Necropolis , &nbsp; What's in the Cellar? &nbsp; and &nbsp; The Dead Boarder —are designed to demonstrate the game's core motifs (mystery, investigation, and horror) in as little as one hour. In the meantime, the Scion compendium expansion &nbsp;will remain available to claim via the Reserve portal for the rest of June. The dark mode issues for this compendium mentioned above will be fixed shortly, and I will post an update on any remaining bugs shortly. As always, thank you for subscribing to Roll20!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
TheMarkus1204 said: I claimed the Code given by Roll20 for the additional Gift ;) Ah, I have not yet received that email.
Clay said: By the end of today, all Pro members should receive a code via email for an extra Reserve item for June. It's three one-shot scenarios for Call of Cthulhu (7th Edition) packaged as&nbsp; Gateways to Terror , a $20 value.&nbsp; All three— The Necropolis , &nbsp; What's in the Cellar? &nbsp; and &nbsp; The Dead Boarder —are designed to demonstrate the game's core motifs (mystery, investigation, and horror) in as little as one hour. In the meantime, the Scion compendium expansion &nbsp;will remain available to claim via the Reserve portal for the rest of June. The dark mode issues for this compendium mentioned above will be fixed shortly, and I will post an update on any remaining bugs shortly. As always, thank you for subscribing to Roll20! Still haven’t received that email / code? Are they going out in waves or ?
I have yet to receive the code.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Ah, I have not yet received that email. I received mine late last night.
Still waiting.
Thanks for the additional gift Roll20, much obliged!
Yup, still waiting as well :)
What email address did the claim code come from? I have not seen it either and am trying to search for it in spam.

Edited 1686997181
Gauss
Forum Champion
The header I got on Thursday was: "Roll20 Reserve for June: Scion Second Edition - Book One Origin + Bonus Item for Pros!" Email was from:&nbsp;<a href="mailto:no-reply@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">no-reply@roll20.net</a>
@gauss Thank you, have yet to receive it though
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have any of you who have not received the code possibly have opted out of Roll20 email communications in the past? I don't know if that would make a difference or not.
Still waiting for my e-mail.
Have any of you who have not received the code possibly have opted out of Roll20 email communications in the past? I don't know if that would make a difference or not. No, just checked, still opted in, clicked in off an on again for good measure
I'm checked for receiving daily email communications and have not received the email with the link either.&nbsp; Could it be that I have it selected for a daily email instead of every notification?
I’m another that hasn’t received the link.
I received the link but not the code.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Keeper of Secrets (KoS) said: I received the link but not the code. That's odd. Could you check again? The code is in the text of the email that sends the link:
My Bad. I guess it was there all along. Thanks Keithcurtis.
The ones above me, have you all received the code? I'm still waiting
Still waiting here, but I wouldn’t expect anything to happen until the working day starts where Roll20 is based, people are allowed there weekend off.
Still waiting here, but I wouldn’t expect anything to happen until the working day starts where Roll20 is based, people are allowed there weekend off. Yes, it's not really that big of a thing anyway, just curious as to why some have yet to receive the code, and I'm eager to see the CoC adventure

Edited 1687181769
Zapflod said: Still waiting here, but I wouldn’t expect anything to happen until the working day starts where Roll20 is based, people are allowed there weekend off. Yes, it's not really that big of a thing anyway, just curious as to why some have yet to receive the code, and I'm eager to see the CoC adventure It contains of 3 separate modules (which can not be combined in 1 game) and requires the Cthulhu by Roll20 Sheet to work properly... Would be very nice if it was just 1 module that contains all three adventures, so you only need to create 1 game... What I also not understand is, why the Keeper Introduction needs to be added SEPARATELY as an addon and is as such NOT included in the Modules itself: EDIT: It is not even possible to create a game with one of those modules from the marketplace itself. You need to create a new game and then you have to select THIS Module you want to use from a list you cannot even search!
Modules have never been combinable in Roll20. Right or wrong, this is far from new behavior. You buy a module, you have to create a new game with it. This is where transferring your characters has come in.&nbsp; Markus, I really feel like you're doing an argument where there is no right answer. The modules are separate (as they almost always are with all Modules on Roll20), and you're complaining they're separate. I kind of feel like if they WERE together, you'd be complaining about that. ("Why do I have to load three adventures when I only want to play one?!") I can't think of a single thing they've done with CoC that you haven't complained about. I get you're passionate about the game, but it gets old.&nbsp; TheMarkus1204 said: Zapflod said: Still waiting here, but I wouldn’t expect anything to happen until the working day starts where Roll20 is based, people are allowed there weekend off. Yes, it's not really that big of a thing anyway, just curious as to why some have yet to receive the code, and I'm eager to see the CoC adventure It contains of 3 separate modules (which can not be combined in 1 game) and requires the Cthulhu by Roll20 Sheet to work properly... Would be very nice if it was just 1 module that contains all three adventures, so you only need to create 1 game... What I also not understand is, why the Keeper Introduction needs to be added SEPARATELY as an addon and is as such NOT included in the Modules itself: EDIT: It is not even possible to create a game with one of those modules from the marketplace itself. You need to create a new game and then you have to select THIS Module you want to use from a list you cannot even search!
Don't worry about that. I know that Modules are separate and that they have always been that way, BUT there are other "Campaign Modules" that include multiple other small modules, so you add just one and have them all! I also know that I can easily create 3 different games, each containing a module and then creating a last combined game where I get everything needed from those 3 modules created earlier with the transmogrifier... Yes, I do like playing Cthulhu, and yes, I do / did so on Roll20. At least one group I am in as a player now leaves Roll20... If you are fine with the things they do, fine. But I at least can show and point things out that are wrong or against the rules...^^ And I won't say anything else in this regard... Starr Saphyre said: Modules have never been combinable in Roll20. Right or wrong, this is far from new behavior. You buy a module, you have to create a new game with it. This is where transferring your characters has come in.&nbsp; Markus, I really feel like you're doing an argument where there is no right answer. The modules are separate (as they almost always are with all Modules on Roll20), and you're complaining they're separate. I kind of feel like if they WERE together, you'd be complaining about that. ("Why do I have to load three adventures when I only want to play one?!") I can't think of a single thing they've done with CoC that you haven't complained about. I get you're passionate about the game, but it gets old.&nbsp; TheMarkus1204 said: Zapflod said: Still waiting here, but I wouldn’t expect anything to happen until the working day starts where Roll20 is based, people are allowed there weekend off. Yes, it's not really that big of a thing anyway, just curious as to why some have yet to receive the code, and I'm eager to see the CoC adventure It contains of 3 separate modules (which can not be combined in 1 game) and requires the Cthulhu by Roll20 Sheet to work properly... Would be very nice if it was just 1 module that contains all three adventures, so you only need to create 1 game... What I also not understand is, why the Keeper Introduction needs to be added SEPARATELY as an addon and is as such NOT included in the Modules itself: EDIT: It is not even possible to create a game with one of those modules from the marketplace itself. You need to create a new game and then you have to select THIS Module you want to use from a list you cannot even search!
keithcurtis said: Have any of you who have not received the code possibly have opted out of Roll20 email communications in the past? I don't know if that would make a difference or not. Just for those of you that have not received the code, I had in 2021 opted out from some emails so that was the reason I had not gotten the codes, the link for opting in can be found here Normal 0 21 false false false SV X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normal tabell"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} <a href="https://pages.roll20.net/email-subscriptions" rel="nofollow">https://pages.roll20.net/email-subscriptions</a>
I have no idea whether I'm opted into the newsletter etc or not, I know I have received emails from roll20 regarding the testing of the app, but I have no idea whether that was linked to this or not. I really don't want to have to opt in to the newsletter and everything else just to make sure I get the additional modules.&nbsp; I dont' really understand why they couldn't have done it so we could claim them like we do the normal Reserve items.
Oenanthe said: I have no idea whether I'm opted into the newsletter etc or not, I know I have received emails from roll20 regarding the testing of the app, but I have no idea whether that was linked to this or not. I really don't want to have to opt in to the newsletter and everything else just to make sure I get the additional modules.&nbsp; I dont' really understand why they couldn't have done it so we could claim them like we do the normal Reserve items. I sent in a Help Request and got a swift response with the code