Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Recalled Cards Still Showing as 'Afterimages'

Hi all, I'm experimenting on roll20 with my RPG, Dreamland, for which I've uploaded a deck of 300 special cards. I've been playing with them since 2020 and it's working pretty well. However, recently (like literally this month) I've noticed a weird problem: whenever cards are recalled to the deck, they still show up as 'afterimages' (see attached image). These afterimages aren't on any layer, and can't be manipulated in any way, they're just a visual glitch. They go away when I exit the game and log back in... not ideal while running a game. The other weird thing is... sometimes they *don't* show up! XD It's really inconsistent. Sometimes I get no afterimages and everything's great, then other times they'll show up for half an hour. Does anyone have any suggestions? Beyond "hope that they don't show up", which isn't ideal!  Many thanks, Jason
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Jason,  Which browser are you using?  Have you tried Incognito or Private mode? 
Hi Gauss! I'm on an iMac, using Chrome. I haven't tried using incognito mode, I'll give it a shot!
Update: I tried incognito mode but it doesn't fix anything. I think this problem may be related to the new toolbar? I only have this problem when I'm using the new toolbar. BUT... when I use the old toolbar, I literally can't click on any items or tokens (including the cards) when they're on the table at all! :( So it's messed up in both ways. But, possibly linked to the new toolbar update. Hope some roll20 developers read this and fix it.

Edited 1686201138
Gauss
Forum Champion
Does this also happen in Firefox?  Could you send me an invite so I can come take a look?
Hmm, initially I thought moving to Firefox fixed it... but then it started happening again. :P It seems it's just inconsistent, but 75% of the time I get the afterimages. In both Firefox and Chrome. (Weirdly though... I had a player join the game, and only I, the DM, can see the afterimages!! So I actually *can* run a game... but it's very distracting to me to see the afterimages.) Any ideas? I really wish I could fix this! (The problem with the old toolbar, where I literally can't touch or move any objects, still persists as well. Only when I use the 'new' toolbar can I do anything...even tho I get the afterimages problem.)
Gauss
Forum Champion
Jason, if you could send me an invite I can come take a look and see if I can replicate it in your game. That might tell if that is a local to your computer issue or if it may be a game issue or if it is widespread.