Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Status Effect Purchase Help/Suggestion

Ive played with the base status effects forever, but theyve never been labeled when you highlight them...  Im wanting to buy a status effect pack, but I want to make sure when I purchase it, its one where if my players hover over the effect, they'll see it says an actual effect, like prone, or stunned, not generic made up names. I dont want one of the animated word ones either, Im afraid it may mess with some of my scripts..  Any suggestions? Thank you! 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can suggest my own. I designed them for readability and they are available in the marketplace . As for making the names show up, a script cannot do that. A script cannot alter the UI. However, there is a stylus style I use to alter the appearance of the menu. Since Stylus is a browser extension, each player who wanted to see the menu like this would need to install the extension and the style. Note, the style would likely need to be tweaked a bit, since it is positioned to take advantage of another style I use that puts the radial menu for every token down in the corner. If you are interested, I'll see if I can make a standalone version. Or if you like the radial menu placement, I can give you both as-is.
So to be clear, Id like to buy conditions/status effect pack that when I hover over them it says "death" instead of skull, or something when I choose them. This isnt possible?  Sorry if this is dumb/redundant, but I like to be super clear about things. :) 

Edited 1686157847
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yes. If you find a set that has labels, you can add them and those labels will show when you hover. You can also re-name custom set markers, but you might have to download them first and upload them under your own account. But here is an example (Click for animation):
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Token Markers will NOT display their title when you hover over them on the token. Only within the token marker menu. You might also be interested in the script Condefinitions to increase the utility and automation of token markers. Combat Master (One Click) also handles token markers, but does much more that you may or may not want.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Finally, if you do purchase and install a set (there are lots of them), and it turns out it just really isn't a good solution for you, Roll20 does have a Refund Policy .