Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What non-D&D 5e game would YOU like to play.

I've taken a year hiatus from GMing and am looking at starting something up again. Me, being me, have several I have been working on but...but... What do YOU want to play that is not D&D 5e? Say you had a choice of game system and type of campaign, what would make you excited?  Pulp Cthuhlu where you play something like a hunter like in the TV series Supernatural? Just made that up off the top of my head as an example. Looking for ideas and if I do get people lining up on similar ideas I will seriously consider it and, of course, you have right of first refusal (meaning you are in unless you don't want to). Any system is up for grabs. I have some money and will buy a new system. The systems I do have are below but don't let that stop you from proposing one not below. In order from my bookshelf. Gamma World 1e Gamma World (Alternity?) Silent Legions Conan Adventures in an Age Undreamed of Runequest 1e (it is actually yellowing on my shelf) Top Secret (original) Space Opera Warhammer Fantasy 4e Worlds W/o Number Stars W/o Number AD&D 1e (2e+ might be similar to 5e and so not all that interested in running 2e+) Call of Cthuhlu Pulp Cthuhlu Kids on Bikes. I do have Starfinder but find it too similar to 5e for doing right now. Let me know.  Have a great day.
Depending on day/time, I would like to play Warhammer 4e. I have run it a lot, but never had the opportunity to play.
Just to throw out a few suggestions of systems I’ve enjoyed in the past (just as suggestions to look into, doubtful our availabilities line up): Mutant: Year Zero Forbidden Lands Shadow of the Demon Lord Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition - especially the Hellfrost setting Adventurer, Conqueror, King System (ACKS)

Edited 1686153051
Green said:  (just as suggestions to look into, doubtful our availabilities line up): I'm retired. I have nothing but time. (I do volunteer about 12 hours a week but that is it) Ideas on what type of campaign are also desired. "I wanna be a fighter pilot in Space Opera" or some such.
Eiric E. Padráig said: Depending on day/time, I would like to play Warhammer 4e. I have run it a lot, but never had the opportunity to play. Could be good. I have never played or DMed Warhammer 4e and would be nice to have someone note if we played it wrong. I do love Warhammer Fantasy though.

Edited 1686200868
Dave
Pro
I'd utterly love the chance to be able to play again! Some systems that are fun: Savage RIFTS Shadowrun Warhammer Fantasy 4th Edition Mage the Ascension or Werewolf the Apocalypse Toss me a message, if you would like!  I'd be happy to apply to be a player again.

Edited 1686290562
I’m not on top of the systems, so I’ll put down the settings I’ve had a hankering for.  Old school swords and sorcery (in the tone of Fritz Lieber, Clark Ashton Smith, or Robert E Howard)  Some big space adventure setting  Pulpier Cthulhu can be fun (Pulp Cthulhu, or Achtung Cthulhu)
There are so many good ones out there, but I think the ones I either haven't played or haven't played in a long time that I'd love to deep dive into are:  Mongoose Traveller 2e Pulp Cthuhlu SWADE Deadlands Cyberpunk Red Star Wars: Edge of the Empire (though I'm not even sure that Roll20 can do those weird dice) I also love me some Pathfinder 1e, but I'm kinda burnt on medieval fantasy lately myself. 
If I had a choice to play any tabletop system, my choices from most-preferred to not-as-preferred-but-still-wanted would be: Cyberpunk 2020 Carbon Grey Deadlands Classic Traveller 2E Mongoose Star Wars d6 (with some caveats I want to talk with the group on) Gamma World (not sure which edition)
I have an utter hunger to play any Star Wars game. I have all the Galaxy Edition Books mostly, but I'd buy others to play a Sith or Jedi