Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sequel Campaign(s) to The Lost Mines of Phandelver

As of time of writing, my party is nearing the middle point of The Lost Mines of Phandelver. They are about to uncover the whereabouts of Cragmaw Castle and from there, Wave Echo Cave. I need to start looking into more campaigns to run for them once this one is complete. Is there any y'all can suggest? Maybe even multiple so I can really plan ahead?

Edited 1686318544
Gauss
Forum Champion
Reportedly, on September 19th WotC is releasing the follow-up adventure to Lost Mines of Phandelver named  Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk Not sure how long it will take to hit Roll20 though.  Alternately, there are a number of adventures that start at level 5 or can be made to work starting at level 5.  Storm King's Thunder can start at level 5 (skipping the early part is 100% ok and loses nothing, the first portion is warmup) Dungeon of the Mad Mage starts at level 5 iirc.  Crown of the Oathbreaker starts at level 5 I think.  Anthologies such as Ghosts of Saltmarsh , Tales from the Yawning Portal , or Journeys through the Radiant Citadel can usually start whenever, just do the portion of the anthology that is level appropriate.  Tomb of Annihilation can start at level 5, but might need a bit of tweaking during the hex crawl portion. 
Thanks for the suggestions, Gauss. I've heard Storm King's Thunder be passed around a lot, so I'll probably look into that one first, but what do you think is the most casual experience besides the Anthologies?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Landen C. said: Thanks for the suggestions, Gauss. I've heard Storm King's Thunder be passed around a lot, so I'll probably look into that one first, but what do you think is the most casual experience besides the Anthologies? Could you define "casual" for this purpose? 
Whichever campaign that isn't too challenging or demanding of the players. My party is filled with very casual players that don't play D&D beyond with me as their DM. Hope you see this. Not sure why, but using the Quote feature seems to break the reply. When I click "Submit Post", the post just doesn't show up.

Edited 1686352156
Gauss
Forum Champion
Quote has no bearing on whether I see it or not, Roll20's website does not have any notifications for quoted responses.  Unfortunately, I still don't know what casual means for you and your players. Not demanding still means many different things to different people. For me a combat heavy game is not demanding while a roleplay heavy game may be demanding. For your group it could be the opposite.  My suggestion is to research the reviews, read as much as you can about the adventures.  You could even purchase them, look them over, then return them if you don't like them. (Make sure you do so within Roll20's Refund Policy window of 15 days.)
The Essentials Kit has several adventures that take place around Phandelver up past 11th level.