Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Multiple character tokens

So I have been pondering this for awhile, Does anyone else want the functionality of having multiple tokens stored for the characters. As a player and a DM I see value in this. How I think it should work. You should be able to bind as many tokens as you like to the characters and access the switch with a hot button and the mouse wheel. Now you can have tokens for sitting, standing,Riding a mount, laying down (sleeping), prone, and even for dying. As a DM this would allow you to have multiple monsters attached to a single sheet but allow you to have multiple monsters using different tokens. As a long time user I believe this would help those who create tokens as well, as they could generate new and exciting tokens for the market place, and it would add value to our games. Thanks, Hope you enjoy the idea.
Gauss
Forum Champion
This can already be done in Roll20. Create a Rollable table with the images you want for your token. Hit the "token" button. Remove the "Is Drawing" property from the rollable token. Set it up as you would any other token. You now have a token with multiple images.
interesting for monsters...I will have to check it out
when I pull lets say a monster to the table that has a table will it auto roll...or am I going to have to go to the table to make a random token each time??

Edited 1410037925
Gauss
Forum Champion
It also works for characters with multiple forms (such as shape changers) To change the image right click on the rollable token and use either the random roll or you can choose which image you want.
thanks yeah originally thats where the thought came from I have a druid in my party, but then it grew to ...man I am tired of all these kobolds looking the same...lol.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I think I mentioned this in the past, but it would be nice if you could select multiple of these and random roll all of them at once.

Edited 1410065350
Gauss
Forum Champion
You can, drag a box over them, right click on the box, select Multi-sided->Random Side.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'm pretty sure I tried that and it only changed the one I had right clicked? Maybe I'm thinking of choosing a specific side.. Have to try it tomorrow...
Gauss is, of course, right. You can easily randomize multiple tokens in a group. I've done so many many times. I do not know, however, if 'choose side' works this way. -Phnord
Gauss
Forum Champion
"Choose Side" will not work that way.
randomize side needs a hot key :) but yes this is what I was hoping for :) thanks.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah cool. I reverse myself. I request the ability to set all selected to a given side. =D