Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ruler when moving tokens

Since the new ruler update, when you try to move your token and right click to make a ruler, it spawns the ruler about 10 squares south of where your actual token is. Is there a way around this or is it just a bug that needs fixing?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi James! Try a refresh. That fixed the issue for me. Also, your comment and feedback will likely have much higher visibility in the official announcement/feedback thread .
Gauss
Forum Champion
HI James,  To confirm, are you using the Old or New UI?  What is the Roll20 VTT zoom level?  Are you using browser zoom? 
To confirm, are you using the Old or New UI?  New UI What is the Roll20 VTT zoom level? Happens in all zoom levels Are you using browser zoom? Browser zoom?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Browsers have their own zoom, you can find it in the settings for the browser. It can interfere with some Roll20 functionality.  Did Keith's suggestion to refresh your browser help? 
Refreshing didnt help, and the zoom level of my browser did nothing, HOWEVER, setting the zoom level of the roll20 zoom to "auto fit" does make it work, but the moment you zoom in or out again it goes back to being further down. Myself and all my players are having the same issue and we are all using different browsers.
setting the zoom level to fit also worked for me. however that is not a workable answer. as not all maps work at the fit level. when at a part way zoom level i see the line being several spaces below where the token is. so it looks like the zoom level is what is throwing it off.

Edited 1691632610
Gauss
Forum Champion
At what zoom levels does the problem occur for you?  I was able to replicate this and the Devs have been informed. 
Can Replicate this too! Definitely a Bug! For reference I made a Screenshot:
Gauss said: At what zoom levels does the problem occur for you?  I was able to replicate this and the Devs have been informed.  Thankyou very much!