Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Initiative Tracker Plus or as good as combat tracker

Siveron
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I have been using Initiative Tracker Plus for a while now and I like the look and feel inside chat as well as on the battle map. The problems I have with it though is that it does not give a way to do a group initiative and the !group-init API causes the !itp -start command to not work. Then there is the fact that it does not sort the combat tracker when I start it. This is all a problem as the functionality of the combat (written by Robin Kuiper) works perfectly with grou-init, it automatically sorts the initiative order and there are no conflicts when grouping the commands from that combat tracker in with other API commands in one macro.  What I would really love is a way to make ITP automatically sort the turn order and allow me to do group initiatives. Has anyone else seen these issues and found a solution?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.  How is GroupInitiative failing with Initiative Tracker?
Siveron
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Not sure why but when I create a macro with the following commands: !group-init !itp -start nothing happens. No errors on the API scripts side of things and nothing happens in game, no init, no starting of initiative tracker.  If I split them up into two different Macros it works fine.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.  Try installing this little script snippet: on('ready',()=>{ on('chat:message', (msg)=>{ if('api'===msg.type){ log(`API Command: ${msg.content}`); } }); }); then run your macro and look at the API Console log, you should see: API Command: !group-init API Command: !itp -start If you don't, that means there is a problem with the macro (possibly a space or invisible character before the !).  If you do see that, I might ask you to PM me an invite to your game and GM me and I can investigate.
Siveron
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Am I adding this snippet in the API scripts side or adding that to my macro?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It's an API script, just add it as a custom script in a new tab in the API area.