Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

AutoPing/Map Starting Location

Other than the process described in the video below, is there a way to do this by adding an API or other mod? Or is there an existing built in way? If so, please show/explain. <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX7DAnY9p74&amp;list=PLyfGgo-dX4bOlvLx_h_3LbMUXK18K1Vnm&amp;index=58&amp;t=784s" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX7DAnY9p74&amp;list=PLyfGgo-dX4bOlvLx_h_3LbMUXK18K1Vnm&amp;index=58&amp;t=784s</a>
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Maybe this could be added to Keith's&nbsp; Ping Buddy &nbsp;mod if it isn't already a feature...?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Ping Buddy script will do this and much more. It is very similar to the process in the video though. Can you describe a bit more what you are looking for?
Basically, when I move the Player flag to the next map, the player's screens will go right to that spot - they won't have to scroll around, zoom in or out to find where their characters are starting from.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yup, when this script is running, and players come to the page with the player flag, they will be pulled to the location of a token named "Party" or that has "Party" as the tooltip. The token can be on any layer. It can do a lot more, but it sounds like it will fit the bill. [ Video Demo ]&nbsp;
So you are saying that the Ping Buddy script does this? Is that in the Roll20 API library? And is there a crazy amount of stuff to do to set up a "party' token this way?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Super easy. Barely an inconvenience. Ping Buddy is in the API library for One Click installation . Once it is active: Create a token called "Party" and make sure it is on your page where you want this behavior. It can go on the GM layer if you don't want players to see it. Make sure players and player flag are on that map. That's it. When the players load the page, they will be pulled so that the screen is centered on that token, visible or not. You can test the behavior with a&nbsp; Dummy Account &nbsp;if you want to see what the players see.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
A very handy script!
When I go to my game's API page, where you add them, I cannot find it in the list there. Is it elsewhere?

Edited 1693884679
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
If you start typing in the drop-down field, it should start filtering the options.

Edited 1693920010
I have and it doesn't. Will look again. Looked. I don't even see any of the stuff listed on there. $&amp;^*&amp;%#$^*%$@&nbsp; Worked this time. Why doesn't it work 5-6 times then, all of a sudden, work?