Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Hidden (GM-Only) Custom Turn Order items

Hello, hope I'm posting in the right place and that it gets eyes on, but... I have often wished I could add a Custom Turn Order item into the Turn Tracker, but be able to keep it hidden from the players. For ex., a dragon's breath tracker, or similar. Ie, after a dragon breathes, I'd like to roll the d4 for how long until he can do so again, then track that in the Turn Order with a Custom Item and Round Calculation, but keep it hidden from the players. Right now, I'm using a hidden token to track those types of things, but I have to just use it as a reminder, as you can't add a Round Calculation to a token's turn...  Thanks!
Since the latest Turn tracker Update, Tokens on the GM Layer do not appear in the counter for the players and should not be visible for Players in the tracker. You can test this by using a Dummy Account... DMCP said: Hello, hope I'm posting in the right place and that it gets eyes on, but... I have often wished I could add a Custom Turn Order item into the Turn Tracker, but be able to keep it hidden from the players. For ex., a dragon's breath tracker, or similar. Ie, after a dragon breathes, I'd like to roll the d4 for how long until he can do so again, then track that in the Turn Order with a Custom Item and Round Calculation, but keep it hidden from the players. Right now, I'm using a hidden token to track those types of things, but I have to just use it as a reminder, as you can't add a Round Calculation to a token's turn...  Thanks!

Edited 1696950742
As TheMarkus1204 says, a token on the GM layer will be invisible to players, so that's a free way to approach this. Since you have a Pro subscription, you can use this scriptlet from TheAaron to add a custom invisible item to the Turn Tracker:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6606108/hidden-custom-turn-order-items/?pageforid=6606389#post-6606389" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6606108/hidden-custom-turn-order-items/?pageforid=6606389#post-6606389</a> I'm still upvoting because it would be nice to have a built-in 'visibility' setting for items on the Turn Tracker (GM only or visible to players).
Yes, a general, overall Visibility Setting on the entries in the Turn Tracker would totally solve this issue, for sure! Great kaizen! Thanks all!
[Deleted]
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .