Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Candela Obscura Core Rulebook and Character Sheet on Roll20!

Candela Obscura from Darrington Press is now available! Protect the world from occult horrors as an investigator with your circle of allies. The narrative-driven RPG, set in an alternate version of our world at the turn of the 20th century, explores mysteries surrounding magickal creatures and artifacts – and the horrors they can cause. Candela Obscura is the first to use the Illuminated Worlds System, a newly designed system that uses 6-sided dice and lends itself to narrative, arc-driven play. Choose your character’s role and specialty and let our sheet assign the stats for you. Build your dice pools, including the special gilded die, and see if failure or spectacular success determine your fate.  Play online or in-person on Roll20 Characters with a digital character sheet for your Investigator which includes custom options for homebrew roles, specialities, abilities, Illumination Keys, and gear.  Get the Candela Obscura Core Rulebook at a discount until January 14!  

Edited 1703225149
Very happy to see this product being made available on Roll20! Are there any plans to automate character creation, ala the D&D 5E charactermancer? Demiplane currently does have this sort of automation and I was going back and forth on which platform to purchase this product on. I ultimately went with the Roll20 version because it seemed like the VTT aspect of Roll20 would be more advantageous but so far there I haven't seen the sort of automation that I'm looking for. Would be very nice to see something like this added if it's not already present. NM- found most of what I was looking for in the Characters section of the general Roll20 site- would still be preferable to be able to use this in an actual game rather than build a character outside of the game without any access to the Compendium.
Access to the compendium and Art Library are the two huge features missing for the new Characters feature right now. MAYBE they will be implemented next year... Matthew B. said: Very happy to see this product being made available on Roll20! Are there any plans to automate character creation, ala the D&D 5E charactermancer? Demiplane currently does have this sort of automation and I was going back and forth on which platform to purchase this product on. I ultimately went with the Roll20 version because it seemed like the VTT aspect of Roll20 would be more advantageous but so far there I haven't seen the sort of automation that I'm looking for. Would be very nice to see something like this added if it's not already present. NM- found most of what I was looking for in the Characters section of the general Roll20 site- would still be preferable to be able to use this in an actual game rather than build a character outside of the game without any access to the Compendium.
NM- found most of what I was looking for in the Characters section of the general Roll20 site- would still be preferable to be able to use this in an actual game rather than build a character outside of the game without any access to the Compendium. What did you find in Characters but not in the game? That shouldn't be the case so it may be a miss on our part. If you own the compendium, you can use it in Roll20 Characters! We'll have compendium sharing available soon.
Bianca, Only Compendium Sharing or Access to Art Library, too? Bianca said: NM- found most of what I was looking for in the Characters section of the general Roll20 site- would still be preferable to be able to use this in an actual game rather than build a character outside of the game without any access to the Compendium. What did you find in Characters but not in the game? That shouldn't be the case so it may be a miss on our part. If you own the compendium, you can use it in Roll20 Characters! We'll have compendium sharing available soon.
Oh not the art library, didn't mean to imply that!