Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Create a free account

Community Preview: Pathfinder Second Edition Remaster by Roll20

1705102302

Edited 1712872040
Lavi
Roll20 Team
This is the official thread for the community preview of the Pathfinder Second Edition Remaster character sheet built by the in-house Roll20 team. The team has been working hard at redesigning the Pathfinder Second Edition play experience. As a first step, the new Pathfinder Second Edition Remaster character sheet is now available for community preview in Roll20 Characters !  The sheet is still actively in development and not yet at parity with our existing sheet, but there is much more to come. We want your help to shape where the sheet goes next — we’d love to hear your suggestions via our feedback form . Given this version of the sheet is not fully feature complete, it won’t be available just yet within the VTT, but don’t worry, it’ll come soon! Our Landing Page will have latest updates and how to submit your feedback Sheet Summary Most Recent Updates: Spells Tab Enhancements! In the Spells tab, you can now enter prepared, spontaneous, focus and innate spell types and rituals, and organize them by spellcasting method. Each type of Spell surfaces only relevant information, and allows you to automatically track Spell usage, cast Spells, and add attack and damage rolls.  In addition, you can now click on rollable text to automatically execute a roll when you have any dice references within a description of a Spell. So you can now roll "6d12+5 fire damage" from a text description of a Spell! Key Features: In the first public iteration of the sheet, we focused on Encounters tab to showcase the improvements and the sheet’s potential; you’ll see these extend to other tabs as we work through the rest of the sheet. More time to play: Powerful new software allows bonuses and penalties to apply seamlessly across the sheet, no matter where they originate from. Raised a Shield while afflicted with Clumsy? Your AC automatically takes both into account. We do the math, so you can focus more on your game! More Control: We’ve updated the sheet to allow you to add modifiers to stats without losing insight into the base values. If you override your current Stealth of 16 to be 18, we create a +2 bonus behind the scenes. We track all updates and give you override capabilities so that you always get the final say. Smoother gameplay: We've reimagined sheet structure with more intuitive grouping of information. Modes of play are organized into tabs, and rolls include visual breakdowns of everything that affects them. We help you stay immersed in your game! What’s Next? Please refer to the Roadmap on our Landing Page for the latest How to submit Feedback? The absolute best way to submit feedback is via our Help Desk form . This will ensure our team has eyes on it and allows us to collectively analyze feedback to inform what we build next. However, this thread will hopefully serve as a good location to discuss the sheet, get support on its features, and ask questions!
It looks very good. Do we have to type everything in to use test it? The Drag and Drop does not seem to be active yet so that is all i am wondering, so I can do a proper testing
Hello Robert B., That's correct, it doesn't have drag and drop yet!
Robert B. said: It looks very good. Do we have to type everything in to use test it? The Drag and Drop does not seem to be active yet so that is all i am wondering, so I can do a proper testing Bianca already covered the drag and drop part (that's on our roadmap), but we would love to hear specifics about what you like so we can take it into account in our future development!
1705362583
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Designing for what a vtt can do can be challenging.  I really like that roll20 is embracing the fact this is a sheet designed for the vtt vs paper.  Making the most used features the focal point while hiding away the less frequently used details is important.  I think the demo is handling this very well.  It's hard to tell how the Roll20Characters version is going to differ from the in-game if at all.  As mentioned already above, without the compendium drag/drop being hooked up it's a little more of a pain to test things out as easily it could be. I am not really familiar with PF2e/core but here are some quick observations; Will there be title text added to help indicate the attribute names for various fields. Important to help accommodate custom macros. Portrait: Is this something the player will be able to change? Hero Points, Dying: I found it more intuitive to click the level indicators along the bottom to select my condition vs entering the number directly. Is there a current Bulk field/indicator? Coin bulk? It would be nice to open the edit window directly for an existing repeating rows. Maybe clicking the name of the item could open the edit window for the item? Clicking the "+" to open the repeating section and locating the item you want to edit seems like extra steps for items already listed. Seems like the navigational chevrons to indicate open/close are the opposite of what they should be? How are attack/damage-based Spells going to be handled? Cheers
1705429619

Edited 1705429868
David H.
Roll20 Team
Hello Vince! Thank you for your thoughtful feedback - it's much appreciated! I'm the dev lead on this sheet and I wanted to address your points one-by-one! Our PF2 team wants to be in direct communication with users - we'll try to respond directly like this when we can, and we'll be posting weekly updates on everything that's currently in-flight and coming soon, too, so keep an eye out for that. We are considering how best to expose fields for extra customization, and this is good input. The player can change portrait through Roll20 Characters via the Avatar button above the sheet. We are considering UX for changing via the sheet directly. This is planned! Currently in flight and coming soon! Same ^ We’re thinking about how best to handle this interaction. It’s a valid pain point. We’re thinking on the indicators for show/hide interactions. The Spells Update is coming soon, bringing a great deal of enhancements to Spells, including Spell attack/damage rolls (and much more!) Also, if you'd like to submit feedback formally, you can also submit to our Feedback Form for the new PF2 sheet ! This helps us group all of the feedback together as its coming in, so that we can use it to guide our next steps! Thanks!!
So one thing I love, but also hate. There is finally a button for Secret Rolls, which i love. But it is tucked away in the settings tab, which I hate. Would it be possible to have it somewhere easier to access? Secret Checks are most commonly used with Skills and Perception. So somewhere easy to access near the skills and perception would be nice.
1705430027

Edited 1705430064
David H.
Roll20 Team
Hi Nelson! We've heard this feedback, and in internal playtesting, it was one of the first things we felt as a team, too. We have plans to pull the secret roll toggle out of the settings window so that you can get to it easier!
1705613851

Edited 1705614303
1. can you import from HLO and Pathbuilder? That's all that'll matter to most of my players.  2. can you do secret rolls (player rolls, but only GM sees)? That's the one big wish I have for running a PF2e game.  Edit: I see now, that I've read thru the above posts. This is a welcome addition indeed! 
1705737200

Edited 1705741741
Wow, this looks really good! I'm have visual sensitivities, on the spectrum, and some character sheets can be hard to look at or even painful. This however is very aesthetically pleasing. I do have some questions about support for optional rules and homebrew. 1. Will their be support for optional rules like Standard Progression and Free Archetypes? This would save me a lot of trouble. 2. Will their be support for homebrew feats & features? I know I can currently just write them in but will it be possible to integrate them like the other ones? You could have a couple drop-down menus for what type of effect it is and what the effect does. Examples select circumstance bonus for the type and +2 on crafting checks, and other options like that.  3. Edited to add this question. Will their be animal companion, edolon, & familiar support? Including mounted options? I'm going to share this with my dyslexic players and see how they like it. So I'll probably post more later. 
1705775166

Edited 1705775235
I can't even create any characters now. Keeps telling me to log in, even though it's showing me logged in. ETA: Resolved when I logged out and logged in. Weird.
Lannister2112 said: 1. can you import from HLO and Pathbuilder? That's all that'll matter to most of my players.  +1 for a request for import capability, particularly from Pathbuilder.  There used to be a way to do it, indirectly, but the site for it has been down for months.
Kayne R. said: Wow, this looks really good! I'm have visual sensitivities, on the spectrum, and some character sheets can be hard to look at or even painful. This however is very aesthetically pleasing. I do have some questions about support for optional rules and homebrew. 1. Will their be support for optional rules like Standard Progression and Free Archetypes? This would save me a lot of trouble. 2. Will their be support for homebrew feats & features? I know I can currently just write them in but will it be possible to integrate them like the other ones? You could have a couple drop-down menus for what type of effect it is and what the effect does. Examples select circumstance bonus for the type and +2 on crafting checks, and other options like that.  3. Edited to add this question. Will their be animal companion, edolon, & familiar support? Including mounted options? I'm going to share this with my dyslexic players and see how they like it. So I'll probably post more later.  Hi Kayne - thanks you for sharing this feedback, and please keep it coming! Regarding your point #2 for feats & features, we'll be pushing out custom handling in the next couple of weeks to take care of this scenario! So please keep an eye out on this forum thread and our change log to see when that happens.  For the other items, we've added those into our list of future enhancements. It would really help us out if you could submit those suggestions via our feedback form as that's where we are consolidating and analyzing all feedback future features.
Really hard to judge anything til we see a full release then tweeks will be more apparent to me, and all my players.  Hoping we will see the semi final and USABLE sheet up in a short while please  Thanks ALSO, NEED NEED NEED conditions in whatever the new NPC/Monster sheet is going to be, that s HUGE DEAL!! Tom
Tom said: Really hard to judge anything til we see a full release then tweeks will be more apparent to me, and all my players.  Hoping we will see the semi final and USABLE sheet up in a short while please  Thanks ALSO, NEED NEED NEED conditions in whatever the new NPC/Monster sheet is going to be, that s HUGE DEAL!! Tom Hi Tom! We're adding a ton more functionality to the PC version of the sheet over the next several weeks before moving on to the NPC work! For example, you'll be seeing us roll out custom effects handling for conditions, feats, and items, which will also translate to the PC version of the sheet. We are also adding more functionality/automation to the Spells tab.  Please stay tuned for more information, and we'll keep this forum updated as we roll these out!
Thanks lavi, sounds good and hope to really see it in action when it goes live shortly (give or take . Tom
Hello Everyone! Sheet Dev Team here with an update on a highly requested sheet feature to handle custom effects! Since the Community Preview release on January 10th, the team’s been working on adding new features and making updates from community’s feedback. We have added custom effects handling for Conditions, Feats, and Inventory, allowing you to simulate effects or homebrew any set of bonuses and penalties as a single effect - applying or removing them at the click of a button. Check out the video demo , and try it out for yourself on our developing sheet . Let us know what you think ! For now, we’re off to work on the Spells Tab and making other improvements we’re hearing from the community.  – Roll20 Sheet Dev Team
Tom said: Thanks lavi, sounds good and hope to really see it in action when it goes live shortly (give or take . Tom Tom - check out the newly released custom effects handling , and let us know what you think! It works for general conditions, feats and inventory items.
1707481360

Edited 1707482308
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
David H. said: Hi Nelson! We've heard this feedback, and in internal playtesting, it was one of the first things we felt as a team, too. We have plans to pull the secret roll toggle out of the settings window so that you can get to it easier! I am VERY interested in the Secret Rolls. I was playing around with the sheet in the character creator thingy, and I could not see any difference between having Secret rolls turn on or off. I am not sure what is going on here, maybe a limit of the character creator? I love the Roll templates where additional information can be folded in and out. Is this feature available today for all sheet authors? I have played around with using CSS to make my roll templates dynamic, but nothing have worked so far. Is this a new feature coming with the new character sheet infrastructure?
Peter B. said: David H. said: Hi Nelson! We've heard this feedback, and in internal playtesting, it was one of the first things we felt as a team, too. We have plans to pull the secret roll toggle out of the settings window so that you can get to it easier! I am VERY interested in the Secret Rolls. I was playing around with the sheet in the character creator thingy, and I could not see any difference between having Secret rolls turn on or off. I am not sure what is going on here, maybe a limit of the character creator? Hi Peter - the Secret Rolls functionality is setup in our backend, but will be usable in game play once the sheet either available in VTT or we have pushed the ability to share dice rolls between sheets in Characters (both of which are on the roadmap). We'll make an announcement when that becomes available. And, at that point, as David highlighted, we will be pulling this feature to a more prominent place!
1707696170
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Lavi said: Peter B. said: David H. said: Hi Nelson! We've heard this feedback, and in internal playtesting, it was one of the first things we felt as a team, too. We have plans to pull the secret roll toggle out of the settings window so that you can get to it easier! I am VERY interested in the Secret Rolls. I was playing around with the sheet in the character creator thingy, and I could not see any difference between having Secret rolls turn on or off. I am not sure what is going on here, maybe a limit of the character creator? Hi Peter - the Secret Rolls functionality is setup in our backend, but will be usable in game play once the sheet either available in VTT or we have pushed the ability to share dice rolls between sheets in Characters (both of which are on the roadmap). We'll make an announcement when that becomes available. And, at that point, as David highlighted, we will be pulling this feature to a more prominent place! Thank you for the answer. I cannot wait for Secret Rolls to be available for all character sheets! I have been waiting for this feature for all my time on Roll20 (3 years) About the Roll templates, are these available today for all sheets (with the right CSS) or is it also coming later?
I really hope though that after their implementation for the PF2 Sheet they will make it official by including it to the dice roller and / or making an official roll command for it!
TheMarkus1204 said: I really hope though that after their implementation for the PF2 Sheet they will make it official by including it to the dice roller and / or making an official roll command for it! That's our plan after the sheet is in a more complete state and ready for play (both on Roll20 Characters and on Roll20 Tabletop)!
1710181476

Edited 1710181522
Lavi
Roll20 Team
Hello there! For those of you who haven't seen, wanted to share that we released a Blog Post with the summary of Community Feedback and our current Roadmap. Please check it out!
1710267270
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Lavi said: Hello there! For those of you who haven't seen, wanted to share that we released a Blog Post with the summary of Community Feedback and our current Roadmap. Please check it out! Super cool with the blog post and the roadmap! I am however a bit sad to see that you only intend to go live by the end of the year. That means at least a year and a half before the infrastructure is going live to sheet authors. I was hoping to get my hands on the infrastructure in 6 months. Anyways, thanks for the roadmap. Now I atleast know not to check roll20 every week to see if anything happened yet
Yep, not to happy with a year long wait, then with player Core 2 coming out the week of GENCON. that I can understand it would be after that.  One can only hope they make the team bigger, and most importantly give us early access to play stress test the new sheet in all its aspects in a real game. Tom
Hi Peter! Beacon infrastructure being available to the community is a separate initiative than our development of the Pathfinder Second Edition Remaster Sheet! There's a separate forum post  covering what's going on in that space, timeline, and an opportunity to sign up for focus groups! Peter B. said: Lavi said: Hello there! For those of you who haven't seen, wanted to share that we released a Blog Post with the summary of Community Feedback and our current Roadmap. Please check it out! Super cool with the blog post and the roadmap! I am however a bit sad to see that you only intend to go live by the end of the year. That means at least a year and a half before the infrastructure is going live to sheet authors. I was hoping to get my hands on the infrastructure in 6 months. Anyways, thanks for the roadmap. Now I atleast know not to check roll20 every week to see if anything happened yet
1710351841

Edited 1710351903
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Lavi said: Hi Peter! Beacon infrastructure being available to the community is a separate initiative than our development of the Pathfinder Second Edition Remaster Sheet! There's a separate forum post  covering what's going on in that space, timeline, and an opportunity to sign up for focus groups! Peter B. said: Lavi said: Hello there! For those of you who haven't seen, wanted to share that we released a Blog Post with the summary of Community Feedback and our current Roadmap. Please check it out! Super cool with the blog post and the roadmap! I am however a bit sad to see that you only intend to go live by the end of the year. That means at least a year and a half before the infrastructure is going live to sheet authors. I was hoping to get my hands on the infrastructure in 6 months. Anyways, thanks for the roadmap. Now I atleast know not to check roll20 every week to see if anything happened yet Thank you so much for the link! I was not aware of the name for the new infrastructure project! I thought I had to wait for Project Jumpgate to finish before any work would even start on the new infrastructure. I see that the forum post was made exactly when I went on vacation and was offline for a week! I will immediately checkout the other forum post, and stalk that for progress on Beacon! Thank you for your reply! Peter B.
I haven't really had a chance to do much looking at the preview, at least not since it first came out.  However, I would like to make one request: Have a way for users (even free users) to easily convert from the standard PF2 sheet to the PF2 remaster sheet.  I can't help but think that will help with the adoption process. Another suggestion (and one I made for the 2e sheet) is to expand the current Strike Modifier suggestion to allow bonuses to more than just attacks and damage.  Saves, skills, and so on and so forth.  Mostly the impetus for this is applying Pathfinder Society's "level bump" and mentorship abilities.  The information on these can be found here . Level Bumps do the following: Increase every DC the PC has by 1. Increase the attack modifiers, attack damage, spell damage, saving throw modifiers, skill modifiers, Perception modifiers, and AC of the PC by 1. Increase the Hit Point totals of the PC by 10 or by 10%, whichever is higher. Mentor Boons build on the above in different ways.
Found a thread on the Paizo account going away topic deleted post Tom
Is the Day 1 Errata done yet for the Remaster or are we still waiting on that? Thanks Tom
Hello there! Checking in to let you all know that the team is still heads down working on our Spells Tab Enhancements coming out soon. In the meantime, we completed some requested quality-of-life improvements for Traits Handling. Over the last couple of weeks we added automation for core traits like Agile, Finesse and Deadly. Today we added the ability to see trait definitions via tooltips directly on the Sheet. Please let us know what you think!
Joel F. said: I haven't really had a chance to do much looking at the preview, at least not since it first came out.  However, I would like to make one request: Have a way for users (even free users) to easily convert from the standard PF2 sheet to the PF2 remaster sheet.  I can't help but think that will help with the adoption process. Another suggestion (and one I made for the 2e sheet) is to expand the current Strike Modifier suggestion to allow bonuses to more than just attacks and damage.  Saves, skills, and so on and so forth.  Mostly the impetus for this is applying Pathfinder Society's "level bump" and mentorship abilities.  The information on these can be found here . Level Bumps do the following: Increase every DC the PC has by 1. Increase the attack modifiers, attack damage, spell damage, saving throw modifiers, skill modifiers, Perception modifiers, and AC of the PC by 1. Increase the Hit Point totals of the PC by 10 or by 10%, whichever is higher. Mentor Boons build on the above in different ways. Joel - We are definitely thinking about how to ease the conversion to the developing Remaster sheet once it reaches a more parity state with the original sheet. For the additional suggestions you've shared (around Strike Modifiers and any additional and future suggestions), it would really help us out if you submit them through our official Feedback Form  where aggregate & analyze community feedback. 
1711469681

Edited 1711471794
Lavi
Roll20 Team
Hi Tom - our Content team covered updates from the errata that went out with the launch back in December! And to add a bit more clarity, Player Core and GM Core are up to date, and Remaster Compatibility is in our backlog for updates! Tom said: Is the Day 1 Errata done yet for the Remaster or are we still waiting on that? Thanks Tom
Tom said: Is the Day 1 Errata done yet for the Remaster or are we still waiting on that? Thanks Tom The Errata stuff, from what I can tell, is "sort of" in Roll20 (Example below). If you Drag & Drop Gale Blast, it is 100% the outdated version of Gale Blast. If you open Gale Blast, instead of dragging and dropping, it's the outdated version with a Remaster Compatibility at the bottom.
Thanks Nelson!! I guess sort of is better than nothing and sad to note no reply from Roll20 after they posted many months ago they would get it done. Lets not start slipping again here Roll20.... Tom
1712873329

Edited 1712878334
Lavi
Roll20 Team
The enhancement to our Community Preview sheet’s handling of Spells is finally here! In the Spells tab, you can now enter prepared, spontaneous, focus and innate spell types and rituals, and organize them by spellcasting method. Each type of Spell surfaces only relevant information, and allows you to automatically track Spell usage, cast Spells, and add attack and damage rolls. In addition, you can now click on rollable text to automatically execute a roll when you have any dice references within a description of a Spell. So you can now roll "6d12+5 fire damage" from a text description of a Spell! A couple videos to get you started - give this a try, and let us know what you think here ! You can continue to reference the Landing Page for our latest updates. FAQ’s: If I find any bugs or enhancement suggestions, where can I share them? Please share them in our feedback form . We are staying close to community feedback to address any ongoing critical bugs and enhancements If I had previously entered Spells on my sheet, where can I find them? If you previously entered Spells on your sheet, they will appear under “Archived Spells” Spellcasting Method in the Spells Tab of the sheet. We wanted to make sure to preserve your previous entries, but we hope you transition over to use our enhanced functionality!