Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Encounter Helper Won't Move Tokens To Object Layer

Edited 1705433676
RESOLVED: I don't know if something changed or if I just decided to start doing things the wrong way, but my new encounter was originally set up with the tokens on the GM layer.  I noticed in the GM notes on the Encounter Token that the layer was specified, so I looked at my known-good one, and found that all tokens were assigned to the Objects layer in the GM notes on the Encounter Token. I then rebuilt my new encounter with my enemies starting on the Objects layer and now my Encounter Helper Show/Hide buttons function as expected. I will leave this here in case someone else needs this info in the future:  Build your encounters with the tokens on the Objects layer, then hide them to the GM layer for happiness and success! This is a weird one.  I'm on a Chromebook, using Chrome and the 5e Sheet. I made some Encounter Helper encounters a few weeks ago and played through them in my session last weekend.  Everything worked as expected. I am prepping for an upcoming encounter.  I placed my encounter token, activated the page, placed my enemies.  The encounter appears in the Encounter List, but when I click the Show button, the enemies remain on the GM layer. If I manually move the enemies to the Object layer, I can hide them with the Encounter List button. If I click on the Show button while the enemies are on the Object layer, they move to the GM Layer . I went back to my map from last weekend, and all the enemy groups on that page work as expected with Encounter Helper. I tried in my test game and got the same odd results. I copied the Encounter Token from my known-good page and put it on my new page.  The results were the same as above. I made a new Encounter Token, no change. I turned off extensions, cleared cookies, and tried incognito, no change. I'm stumped as to why encounters created a few weeks ago work but new ones do not.  Any help or suggestions are welcome!  
Glad you found the answer.  I was just going to respond with this advice.  Learned the hard way also!
Add me to the list of someone that had to learn the hard way