Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with character sheet

I have produced a token for my character. Part of the process allows me to use charactermancer. I complete all the sections and press to save the changes. A red bar appears on the screen but only goes so far. I have left it 2 hours to finish but it will not end. If i go back to the token on only character sheet is a default NPC sheet. I have tried this with a lot of tokens, changing the name in the edit page and using the default name setting The game is set for D&D 5. can uyou advise me?
Gauss
Forum Champion
HI DM,  I am assuming you are using D&D 5e by Roll20?  It sounds like you have two separate issues, the Charactermancer and setting up a token.  The charactermancer has no bearing on setting up a token.  Are you trying to set up an NPC or a PC? What are you trying to do in the Charactermancer?  Could you supply a screenshot of the settings for the token? 
hi, I have generated a token (see screen shot). As part of the generation process it askesme to select what form of character sheet i want (see screen shot) I select Charactermancer and complete all sections. At the end i click 'apply settings' and all I get is the red bar (see screen shot). Thsi bar will never end and if I X out, it load a default NPC cahacter sheet I am using D&D 5E system set up in the game settings. Thnak for your assistance
Gauss
Forum Champion
Are you clicking "Create an NPC" or are you clicking "Use the Charactermancer"?
clicking charactermancer
Gauss
Forum Champion
Here is a help file regarding troubleshooting a stuck charactermancer. If that does not help please list EVERY decision you are make in the charactermancer so I could troubleshoot where the problem is. 
thanks for the help. I think my data base in roll20 is corrupted. I copied the game and tried to build a new character but this failed. Even the generated name for a new character could not be deleted. I have a number of PC and NPC tokens made some time ago that work fine, it just the new ones that fail. i have started a new game and have added PC and NPC tokens using charactermancer perfectly, including dragging chatractyer sheet from the compendium for the NPC. I have no idea what went wrong. I will rebuild my original game as I have all thegraphics saved. Thanks for your help
Gauss
Forum Champion
In that case I suggest filing a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center . They may be able to see what is going on.