Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Roll20 ReRoll ★ January 2024 Q&A

Edited 1706304811
TK J.
Roll20 Team
Don't touch that dial! Roll20 ReRoll is back! Join Founder in Residence Riley and Content Producer Mik as they update us on what's going on at Roll20: Jumpgate Roll20 Characters Pathfinder Second Edition Remaster Character Sheets New Look For DriveThruRPG & MORE! We welcome your questions and feedback! Watch the video  on our YouTube channel, and then bring your questions here for our team!
Will we see a 5e style charactermancer rolled out to other systems? Ex Pathfinder, modiphius game.

Edited 1706225349
Can we get a  "handout" page that we can edit in windowed mode outside of the main application window?  
Can we be given a search bar for music currently added to the game(Jukebox) and perhaps a checkbox format to better organize into lists or delete tracks?
Zooming in and out (using mouse scroll wheel) with the map centering on the mouse cursor location would be awesome!
Doug E. said: Zooming in and out (using mouse scroll wheel) with the map centering on the mouse cursor location would be awesome! This is what we have coming in Jumpgate! Makes it so much easier to use for sure :-)
Jay C. said: Can we get a  "handout" page that we can edit in windowed mode outside of the main application window?   Goyen said: Can we be given a search bar for music currently added to the game(Jukebox) and perhaps a checkbox format to better organize into lists or delete tracks? Both great ideas! Not on our current short-term roadmap but let me do some research on those.
Are there any plans in the works to upgrade the Fog of War took to be more performance friendly? Personally I find the current way of removing the fog to be cumbersome, it would be cool if you can "erase" it with a brush free-hand and also draw the areas to hide freehand as well!
Are there plans to change the "Polygon" Tool in drawing menu (Inkpen replaced with Crosshairs)? Is there a way (or will there be a way) to change the handle bars color from blue to e.g. black / red / ... ? As for the Cthulhu Sheet by Roll20: will we get a TRUE Era select for the sheet? (Replacing Skills / Skill Groups that are not present in selected era with those that are?) Will other things mentioned in the Cthulhu thread be finally done / fixed?
Solace said: Are there any plans in the works to upgrade the Fog of War took to be more performance friendly? Personally I find the current way of removing the fog to be cumbersome, it would be cool if you can "erase" it with a brush free-hand and also draw the areas to hide freehand as well! We actually are planning to combine the Fog of War tool into the Dynamic Lighting tool as part of Jumpgate. As in, the "manual" Fog of War will be applying and erasing the same kind of shadows as the Dynamic Lighting system and be fully part of that system (they are really very separate right now). That should make the performance much better and further on down the road let us experiment with new ways of adding/removing darkness.
TheMarkus1204 said: Are there plans to change the "Polygon" Tool in drawing menu (Inkpen replaced with Crosshairs)? Is there a way (or will there be a way) to change the handle bars color from blue to e.g. black / red / ... ? As for the Cthulhu Sheet by Roll20: will we get a TRUE Era select for the sheet? (Replacing Skills / Skill Groups that are not present in selected era with those that are?) Will other things mentioned in the Cthulhu thread be finally done / fixed? I want to ensure I can get you an accurate response for your third point: is this thread and its responses the one to which you are referring?   Thank you for your patience!
I am looking for some way to organize the Collections tab; Macros, Decks, and Rollable Tables. I want to be able to open handouts from Macros, currently you need the URL of the Handout and it is not transmogrifiable. I would like to be able to transmogrify folders. The list goes on..
Yes, it is. :) TK J. said: TheMarkus1204 said: Are there plans to change the "Polygon" Tool in drawing menu (Inkpen replaced with Crosshairs)? Is there a way (or will there be a way) to change the handle bars color from blue to e.g. black / red / ... ? As for the Cthulhu Sheet by Roll20: will we get a TRUE Era select for the sheet? (Replacing Skills / Skill Groups that are not present in selected era with those that are?) Will other things mentioned in the Cthulhu thread be finally done / fixed? I want to ensure I can get you an accurate response for your third point: is this thread and its responses the one to which you are referring?   Thank you for your patience!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Will the text editor (used in forums, bios, notes, etc) be replaced or updated in Jumpgate?
"We actually are planning to combine the Fog of War tool into the Dynamic Lighting tool as part of Jumpgate" This worries me.  I don't use dynamic lighting, and I don't see that ever changing. I've experimented with it, and it provides no value to my gameplay and just serves to distract the players from the game itself. But I use Fog of War extensively. I don't want to have to configure some kind of "lighting" so fog-of-war can cast "shadows" against it.  I don't want to even think about lighting. I don't want a character who's created with blindsight to behave differently from one who doesn't have it.  I just want to say "this page has no dynamic lighting" and "this page supports fog of war" and then make my map (usually from JPEG tiles) and have it work just the way it does today. If what you meant was "we're going to use the same graphics library to render fog-of-war as we use for dynamic lighting", that's fine.  I don't care about the internal implementation (unless you manage to make fog-of-war less performant than the current one; that would be an issue for some of my players with fairly old computers). But don't compromise the simplicity of the current Fog of War in the process of integrating it with Dynamic Lighting.

Edited 1706480187
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think this just means that Fog of War and Permanent Darkness will share the same data, as they pretty much do the same thing (manually obscure parts of the board). Since Fog of War is a free feature, and DL is a paid feature, they would need to coexist at the different levels. I've always thought that Permanent Darkness seemed superfluous for that reason.
How soon can we expect another VTT layer?
Doug E. said: Zooming in and out (using mouse scroll wheel) with the map centering on the mouse cursor location would be awesome! This feature is already available in your settings. After many complaints from the community several years ago when this feature was announced, the Devs put a toggle in settings to allow users to turn the feature on if they wanted their muse wheel to zoom, rather than scroll like the vast majority of users.
Riley D. said: Doug E. said: Zooming in and out (using mouse scroll wheel) with the map centering on the mouse cursor location would be awesome! This is what we have coming in Jumpgate! Makes it so much easier to use for sure :-) What? No. The community rejected this feature years ago.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Zoom centering on the cursor was rejected? I don't remember that.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
keithcurtis said: Will the text editor (used in forums, bios, notes, etc) be replaced or updated in Jumpgate? Oh, that would be nice wouldn't it?  I've certainly gotten used to what we have, but an update would be great.
How about the ability to control how dark the "explorer mode" leaves the map? The ability to Transmogify folders would be huge I also find Transmogify frustrating to use because you can not easily tell what is already on the game you are xfering to.  You end up with duplicates or outdated items very easily.
Why do the custom roll with the command in the chat are no longer in the last 10 rolls of the advanced roller? Now it takes hours to re-enter every single custom roll of every single character's attack and abilities...
Jean-Nicolas S. said: Why do the custom roll with the command in the chat are no longer in the last 10 rolls of the advanced roller? Now it takes hours to re-enter every single custom roll of every single character's attack and abilities... A "Workaround" for that: Immediately after a roll go to the chat input area and hit UP on your keyboard! With this you see the command that was used for the last roll in chat... This you can copy / paste when needed...
keithcurtis said: Zoom centering on the cursor was rejected? I don't remember that. Zooming in and out (using mouse scroll wheel) 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gargamond said: keithcurtis said: Zoom centering on the cursor was rejected? I don't remember that. Zooming in and out (using mouse scroll wheel)  I think we need clarification. You can still zoom in and out using the mouse scroll wheel (by holding down alt/opt), It currently zooms in and out based on the center of the screen. The poster was asking for it to zoom centered on the mouse pointer. That's my understanding of the request, and a behavior I would prefer, but it's not that high on the list of changes I would like. 
How about some way to search in the currently loaded Jukebox tracks?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hultz (Keeper of Secrets) said: How about some way to search in the currently loaded Jukebox tracks? True. You can search by title and tag in "My Audio", but not in the Jukebox.
FatPob
Pro
Sheet Author
As my VTT library increases so does the amount of maps I have.  I have now started to put them in folders, but navigating from one to another is a huge pain, and also requires some memory on my part (Which folder is it in now kind of thing), especially when I have set up a map in advance.  Currently I create copies for pre-prepared maps outside of the folders, so i quickly move the PCs from one to another. What would be fantastic is to be able to link maps with encounters in the journal - can't find out how to do this if you can already - and it does seem to be a suggestion that has resurfaced in various forms over the years.
FatPob, What would be fantastic is to be able to link maps with encounters in the journal - can't find out how to do this if you can already - and it does seem to be a suggestion that has resurfaced in various forms over the years. Since you have a Pro account you might take a look at the EncounterHelper mod script by Kurt Jaegers.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There are also some page-changing scripts you can use to embed a macro command into a text link in a module. Ping Buddy could allow you to embed a Journal Command Button to take you to a particular place on a map, as well.
Gold
Forum Champion
The pages toolbar also has a SEARCH that searches the Page Titles. Yes it's another way that you would have to go-from-memory, but if you happen to remember a word in the Title of the PAGE, you can get to it by Search-bar without drilling through your Folders.  FatPob said:  I have now started to put them in folders, but navigating from one to another is a huge pain, and also requires some memory on my part (Which folder is it in now kind of thing),
FatPob
Pro
Sheet Author
yeah - if I thought about early enough I would have given the maps really useful names, but i haven't.. Inn 1, Inn 2, market, market1, main gate, style names... i will take a look at the encounter helper script though, sounds useful.