Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Copying Creatures from Game to Game

Not sure where to post this, I am creating tokens and Icons for all the monsters on one game and am trying to see if there is a way to either do it outside of the game and use in each game or transfer it from game to game without have to go through the whole process again.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
With a free account, you can create a character for each monster, then use the Characters feature (formerly "Character Vault") to have them available to pull into games as needed. With a Pro subscription, you can use the Transmogrifier to move almost anything (Off the top of my head, the only exceptions are folder structures and macros) from one game you've created to another, which allows you to have a storage game with your monsters and pull them in easily to different games you've created.
Gauss
Forum Champion
To add to what The Aaron wrote:  Methods for duplicating creatures:  1) Copy the base game. Then remove what you don't want, add what you do want.  Note: Cannot add a Module to the base game if you do it this way.  2) Use the Character Vault or Characters (both still exist) to migrate characters as The Aaron stated.  Warning: You only have 3 imports into a free game. So for more than that you will need a Plus account, but you can subscribe for 1 month and do all the imports you need during that 1 month.  3) Transmogrifier as The Aaron stated. Like option #2 you can subscribe for a month, do what you need to, and then not have your Pro account after that. 
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. This helps emincely