Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Charactermancer Not Populating Attributes After Purchasing Player Handbook

I bought the Player Handbook today and am now having difficulty with the charactermancer. After selecting a race all fields are filled out except size and speed. Race-specific attribute bonuses are not added either. The spells tab does not generate any field to interact with or read at all and is completely blank underneath the Hit Points bar at the top, underneath attributes. I was using the charactermancer earlier today, without any issues, before I purchased the Player Handbook. Is it something simple like I need to wait for the handbook to sync to my account? On the tabs that are working I'm seeing lots of new lore and images from the handbook, so it seems like it's fully integrated, but the things listed above have stopped working.
 No size, speed, or strength and constitution bonuses for half-orc   No data on the Spells tab after choosing sorcerer class
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Joey! Try deleting cache and cookies. Your browser could be hanging onto bad data. Also, are you building the character inside a game, or inside the new Characters feature? There have been a couple of recent reports with Characters issues.

Edited 1707492756
Sorry, forgot to mention I had already deleted cache and cookies. I'm building outside a game and then plan to transfer them in, so this should be unrelated to anything my DM has in place. EDIT: Fixed. The problem was my browser's built-in ad and script blocking. Charactermancer is working as expected now with that feature turned off. Weird that it was fine before I go the Player's Handbook but I guess it was blocking whatever scripts pull some of that data in.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's not surprising, The SRD is openly available, but the PHB data is protected. My guess is that the ad blocker is the more likely culprit.
I appreciate the insight. The ads are super minimal on this site anyway so no need to have the blocks on. Thanks again!