Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Characters missing and creation page not recognizing credentials

Hey all new user, so I recognize that this may entirely be a mistake on my end! I created characters by logging in to the homepage, clicking on tools, characters and then adding them there.  The characters were not entirely fleshed out as I am still trying to learn the site.  I created two different games as I am trying to learn the system.  Everything was working great and I was able to add the created characters to the test games. Saturday evening I noticed that the characters went missing, although they are still available in game.  Sunday I noticed that if I go to the character page it looks as though I am logged out, as it tells me that in order to proceed I need to verify my login.  If I verify my login to create a new character, it takes me back to the homepage.  Clicking on tools and then characters bring me back yet again to a screen asking me to verify and login. Am I missing something?
If you move a Character from "Roll20 Characters" to a game, it gets removed from Roll20 Characters. If this was your only character in there, you see it just empty... However you can try using the old Character vault. It is also available from the Tools Menu but NOT via the link on the left.
Thank you!!  I removed one of the characters from one of the two games and they all reappeared back in the characters section!! That fixed my issue and made a lightbulb go on as to how the system works!