Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rollable Table help: Rod of Wonder

I created an image file for each result on the rollable table and all the table items' weights add up to 100, but each time I roll the table, it displays a blank result in the chat box... like nothing at all, just a small yellow empty space. I'm confused as to what I did wrong. I made the rollable table, named it, then all of the table items have no text for their name, but an image file attached.
The macro button's fault, maybe?  I have it set to [[1t[rod-of-wonder]]]
really hope I didn't just do all this work with the image files for it to not work.
is there a way to make the rollable table make a particular handout get shown to all players depending on the table roll?
or maybe I make a token for the table, would rolling the table flip the token to the right side to display the image based on the roll?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert R. said: is there a way to make the rollable table make a particular handout get shown to all players depending on the table roll? As a pro user, you might be able to do this with a custom script - you can't do it with the default dice roll mechanics. Robert R. said: The macro button's fault, maybe?  I have it set to [[1t[rod-of-wonder]]] This is your problem. When putting a table roll ibnside inline rolls, the image is ignored and only the text is displayed. Since you have no text, nothing is displayed. The only way to get images to display, without using a script, is this syntax: /roll 1t[rod-of-wonder] If that syntax dpesn't work for your needs, you'll need to share your full macro, and someone will help you build a custom script or macro using ScriptCards (a script that lets you do scripty things as macros).

Edited 1708224201
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert R. said: or maybe I make a token for the table, would rolling the table flip the token to the right side to display the image based on the roll? Yes, this should work. If you make your table a rollable table token, you can roll an image like that. (I'm sure this question wasn't there when I wrote my first reply, but it says 39 minutes ago - weird).
Do you know how I can get the rollable table token to orient itself to the correct side based on the roll of the table?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Robert R. said: Do you know how I can get the rollable table token to orient itself to the correct side based on the roll of the table? Hi Robert,  Without an API Script (and I am not sure if that is doable as I am not an API script writer) the Rollable Table token is completely separate from the rollable table itself.  However, you can right click on the rollable table token and then select random to have it roll. The roll will output to the chat and the image will change on the token.