Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to temporary disable players from using the draw tool?

I really hate when players draw on my maps, and I just want to be able to disable it. Its not even an issue of "just tell them to stop or you walk away". They click it on accident and then draw like a dot or a line when they intended to use the ruler. and now the line is on top of a lot of tokens, its so bothersome to try to select it and delete it without messing up the whole map. Its too easy to misclick the free draw tool, and to hard to correct it. I also know that sometimes its helpful to draw, but i want to choose "which times are appropriate" for drawing. Is there any way to disable the drawing tool temporarily?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi D! Not that I know of, unfortunately. There is a script that can tell you who drew a line (to reveal "practical jokers"), but not one that eliminates it altogether. You can hide individual tools with the Stylus extension*, but that requires all players to have the extension and style installed on their computers. In the meantime, you can more easily select only drawing objects by holding the alt/opt key down while dragging a selection rectangle. That will constrain the selection to only drawing objects, making them easier to select from a crowd of tokens. *I have not tested the tool-hiding code with the new toolbar, but I am fairly confident it should work
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
To expand on what Keith said, the DryErase script will let you control drawings by players, but does require an active pro subscription for the creator of the game.&nbsp; It supports immediately removing anything they draw, immediately hiding anything they draw, or just allowing them to draw things—all on a per player basis.&nbsp; It can prompt you to authorize a drawing as well.&nbsp; Here's the original forum post:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2852459/script-dryerase-gives-you-control-over-how-your-players-are-drawing-on-your-maps/?pageforid=2852459#post-2852459" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2852459/script-dryerase-gives-you-control-over-how-your-players-are-drawing-on-your-maps/?pageforid=2852459#post-2852459</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Aaron. I forgot it was so full-featured.
Gauss
Forum Champion
You can also clear all drawings with a single drawing tool command.&nbsp;

Edited 1708552936
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gauss said: You can also clear all drawings with a single drawing tool command.&nbsp; Make sure you are using the new UI toolbar for this function. I forgot this was now the only toolbar. :)