Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Table output - URGENT help required.

Greetings. I am losing my mind over this...I am NOT using the RecursiveTable API. I have the following table item executed by a macro: shorter than average, standing [[46+1d4cs&gt;5cf&lt;0]] inches tall, The output is NOT calculating a value, it is just displaying it as:&nbsp;<span class="inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" original-title="Rolling 1t[cgdwarffemaleheight] = ( shorter than average, standing [[46+1d4cs>5cf<0]] inches tall, )" style="box-sizing: content-box; outline: none; background-color: rgb(254, 246, 142); border: 2px solid rgb(254, 246, 142); padding: 0px 3px; font-weight: 700; cursor: help; font-size: 1.1em; color: rgb(64, 64, 64); text-align: right;">shorter than average, standing [[46+1d4cs&gt;5cf&lt;0]] inches tall, &nbsp; Can anyone see the problem here? Thanks in advance Ray
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Ray,&nbsp; Tables cannot perform calculations without help from a Mod (API Script).&nbsp;
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
To explain, anything in a table is just text. So stuff that would be a roll when entered into chat is not a roll in table text. If you want to treat that as a roll, I'd recommend using RecursiveTable - situations like this is the main reason it exists.
Thanks guys, I figured that was the case. I am setting this up for a friend's account who does not have a Pro subscription.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ray,&nbsp; I just realized that your calculation is so small that a table can still do it, in a different way:&nbsp; Create the table as normal, then add these four items in the table, each with equal weighting.&nbsp; Table item #1: shorter than average, standing 47 inches tall Table item #2: shorter than average, standing 48 inches tall Table item #3: shorter than average, standing 49 inches tall Table item #4: shorter than average, standing 50 inches tall 46+1 46+2 46+3 and 46+4

Edited 1708735613
Ray
Pro
@Gauss ahhh...of course, I didn't think of that. Although, some of the table items involve multiple dice, so this solution will be complicated....still workable though :)