Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't select some lines I drew - URGENT help needed, game is on Friday !

Hi, first time posting on the forums, I hope I am posting in the right part of the forum for my question. I need help with the drawing of walls to block lines of sight on the lighting layer. I worked for hours on this battlemap... and now I need to remove some of those lines I drew, but I cannot select them. I am on the right layer, but nothing I do allows me to select some of those lines, it seems completely bugged. I tried to relog. Clear cache. Change internet navigator etc. Nothing allows me to select them. I simply cannot throw away a map I worked for many, MANY hours on. Starting over isn't an option, I simply don't have the time until my game on friday. I read a lot of forum posts, and apparently "drawings that cannot be selected anymore no matter what you do" is a recurring issue. It has been years, but I couldn't find a post with a solution. Can anyone help me ?
I'd like to precise that is not an issue of zoom. The problem isn't that I "cannot accurately select what I want". The problem is that it cannot be selected at all. For example, if I draw a rectangle around the line I want to remove, then select this rectangle (which has the line I want to remove fully inside of it) and press Delete to remove it, the line still stays no matter what. It simply ignores the selection tool, as if it was in another layer - even though it only appears on the lighting layer since it's a wall to block lines of sight.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm.  I can't imagine why that would be happening, but if you want to PM me an invite and GM me, I will look and see if I can figure it out.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Selecting lines has always been a bit tricky. Sometimes it requires zooming in very tight to select them.  However, if even that doesn't help then there may be another issue. As The Aaron suggested, he can take a look. Alternately I can take a look if you'd prefer. 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ok.  We solved it! The lines were really thin.  I was able to fix it by hitting ctrl-A (or CMD-A), and then selecting a new size for the lines, then hit ESC to deselect them all.  After that I could select the line.
Many thanks to you Aaron ! Changing the width of the line after selecting everything was a great idea, you're the best !