Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Action Maker

Edited 1708630318
I added this to one of my games last night and it was working fine. I added it to another game today, and it's not working at all. I tested on the other game, and it works for any tokens that were already on the board, but any new ones added, aren't working with this script. Is it something I'm doing wrong, or is it just Roll20? Nothing changed on the game that it was working on, except I logged out and logged back in, and as stated it still works on the tokens that were previously on the board, just not when I add new ones. And all my other scripts and macros are working fine. I also cleared my cache and cookies, and restarted the sandbox several times. No change.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi wesley! Couple of things to check: 1) Make sure your game is using the official Roll20 sheet for either D&D or PF2. 2. Check to make sure the syntax you are using is correct. 3. Make sure the tokens you are using this on are actually representing character sheets. If none of this works, feel free to shoot me an invite to the game in a PM. I would be happy to investigate in person.

Edited 1708642246
I'm an idiot. Thank you. Having done this before I slept, I forgot to use the command to generate the token actions. :)
I am having this problem, too. But I have checked to make sure the above is correct. I have created !ta  token actions for dozens of tokens in this game, but today when I select the token and type the command, nothing happens.  The mod output console reads "TokenAction v0.3.8 is ready!  Designed for use with the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 character sheet!" But nothing happens anymore when I type !ta in the chat. Even !ta help gets no response.  I added it to a game that didn't previously have it, and it's working fine, but in my current game is isn't functioning.  Is it advisable to remove it and reinstall the API? I don't want to break anything I have already created. 
I have now tried opening the game in Firefox, and it worked just fine. So I think it may not be wanting to play nice with Chrome. 
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
DM Kaellie, your sandbox may have just needed a restart, particularly if you had your game loaded for a long time with no activity (though sometimes I've found it just becomes nonresponsive at random times). It is very unlikely that what you observed was a T.A.M. problem.
I've only been pro for a dog watch but have found having API Heartbeat in the macro bar invaluable for those head scratching moments - I have mine set to just show an analogue clock face and the ticking hand tells me all is well, no movement = bounce to the other tab I have open at the APIs for that game and restart the sandbox.  Apologies if preaching to the choir
David M. said: DM Kaellie, your sandbox may have just needed a restart, particularly if you had your game loaded for a long time with no activity (though sometimes I've found it just becomes nonresponsive at random times). It is very unlikely that what you observed was a T.A.M. problem. Maybe, I did try rebooting everything I could think to reboot, with no success. After it worked on Firefox it still wasn't working on Chrome, but it's working this morning, so whatever it was, it seems to have resolved itself.