Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

My Player keeps rolling 1's

I know the dice roller is perfectly random but I have seen my player roll 1's as often as 7 times in a row. and they rarely roll above an 8. I am not sure what to do since it is just purely there luck. but it is really souring the mood at the table. I am open to advice  System is 5E 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Doll Face! Yeah, I had a player roll seven 1s last night as well (though not in a row). It happens. :/ Two suggestions off the top of my head: 1) check their character sheet . It's possible that some information is misentered. We have had a couple of cases where we had weapon damage rolls continually being "1" because a formula was entered incorrectly.  2) Institute some kind of "Karmic Dice" rule. After a certain number of bad rolls, a player gets Inspiration, or their next hit is a free critical, or each 1 rolled is a cumulative +1 modifier to following rolls until a roll succeeds, or some kind of benefit.