Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to trigger a page change from a handout?

I know there are Macros that can trigger page changes for a player but can this be done via some sort of code or link in a handout?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Keeper! Without seeing the actual code, I can't be authoritative, but yes, you should be able to. You are talking about a Journal Command Button . In the link, simple put a back tick in front of the command: `!some api command Keep in mind that if the macro requires a token to be selected, this does not remove that restriction. This might confuse some players who are used to such commands being on Token Action Buttons.
keithcurtis said: Hi Keeper! Without seeing the actual code, I can't be authoritative, but yes, you should be able to. You are talking about a Journal Command Button . In the link, simple put a back tick in front of the command: `!some api command Keep in mind that if the macro requires a token to be selected, this does not remove that restriction. This might confuse some players who are used to such commands being on Token Action Buttons. I will take a look at this command Kieth. Thanks very much for the reply, I understand the token requirement but I certainly understand what you mean by confusing players since they are in a handout.