Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Music tab Bug. Seriously when are they going to fix this? Its been a bug since 2016!

To Recreate: Simply click anywhere on the player and the RELEASE CLICK over the title. This will create a tooltip which hovers over everything, on every tab, until the end of time. This has been a bug since I started using Roll20 in 2016. Yes! Almost 10 years. I have made posts about this before to no effect. Easy to recreate, easy to fix, it's so annoying having to refresh the browser and reposition the page every time. Come on devs.
Why do we even need a tooltip to show the title of the song? We don't!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Jaz! Yuor best bet is to file a  Help Center Request . It's mostly community-level help on the forums. But the request will actually create a ticket. For what it's worth, I can't reproduce this by following these steps. I can get the hover text to appear, but it disappears when I move the cursor. When you file the request, it would be a good idea to call out the browser and platform. Question, can you reproduce this behavior in a private browsing (incognito) window?
It is NOT only the Jukebox but EVERY Part in Roll20 that has this Tooltip! The Tooltip won't go away and the ONLY Workaround is to reload the game! Had this happen multiple times, AND I reported it way back then when it happened! Nowadays, I just reload the Game and be careful not to create unnecessary Tooltips! Keith, it happens when you hover over the Playlist title. In your case "15 Sewer"... keithcurtis said: Hi Jaz! Yuor best bet is to file a  Help Center Request . It's mostly community-level help on the forums. But the request will actually create a ticket. For what it's worth, I can't reproduce this by following these steps. I can get the hover text to appear, but it disappears when I move the cursor. When you file the request, it would be a good idea to call out the browser and platform. Question, can you reproduce this behavior in a private browsing (incognito) window?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
TheMarkus1204 said: Keith, it happens when you hover over the Playlist title. In your case "15 Sewer"... Hi Markus! That was an animation. If you preview it, you can see that I can't reproduce the behavior by doing that. Hovering creates the tooltip, but it vanishes when I move the cursor away. I too have had the occasional permanent tooltip, but have never been able to cause it to happen consistently. It happens maybe once every few months for me, seemingly at random. The fact that I couldn't reproduce it using the steps given was why I asked for more information.
Drag the volume slider all the way to the left and then release the mouse click when you are over the title of the song
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jaz said: Drag the volume slider all the way to the left and then release the mouse click when you are over the title of the song I just tried that and still can't reproduce. The popup goes away as soon as I move the cursor. Can you identify the browser and platform, and c an you reproduce this behavior in a private browsing (incognito) window? FWIW, I am testing on Chrome, Mac OS.