Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Marker Library 504 error?

Anyone else getting a 504 (Gateway time-out) error from Cloudflare when trying to access&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/marker-library" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/marker-library</a>? &nbsp; The error page reports that " The initial connection between CloudFlare's network and the origin web server timed out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.", interestingly enough all other roll20.net URLs seem to work just fine.
For me everything is fine although the page takes it time to load...
Yeah, it's always been slow to load for me. It appears to be something with the connection between that part of Roll20 and Cloudflare's CDN. Normally it comes up with the Cloudflare location of Dallas, but I've tried using a few different VPNs and get the same error, but with just different Cloudflare locations.
And 4 days later, still getting the gateway time-out error:
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi sirkerry! Your best bet is likely a Help Center Request . The forums are mostly community level assistance.
Yeah, I've submitted a couple of requests via the Help Center and gotten nothing but the auto-response back.
sirkerry said: Yeah, I've submitted a couple of requests via the Help Center and gotten nothing but the auto-response back. Hey there, has there been an update? I got hit with that today too.
Not really, I finally got an actual reply from the Roll20 Helpdesk with some suggestions, but so far nothing they've suggested has worked: Hi there, Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the trouble! Investigating this issue further it appears to be largely network related, this could be due to a few different issues. I've included some additional information below that ideally should help. &nbsp; Try while in incognito/private browsing mode - this will help determine if an extension or addon to your browser could be causing issues Try with a different browser - sometimes it can be a bad setting on the browser and swapping can help confirm that Clear your cache and cookies - This may clear out any errors that are causing this issue Toggle your VPN If you don't have a VPN, we'd recommend trying one. In some cases a VPN can be a very helpful tool, especially in areas outside of Europe and the United States where connections can run into issues If you are using a VPN, these issues may be caused by the configuration of your settings. Disabling the VPN can help quickly spot if it is the cause. Change your DNS - DNS is how your browser knows where to connect. Trying some well known DNS services that work with Roll20 may resolve this issue Google Public DNS Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 Doublecheck your Antivirus software that Roll20 is an allowed site &nbsp; If you are still having trouble connecting to Roll20 it may be best to get in contact with your ISP for more information and possible solutions.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I am able to load the page, but can confirm that it loads very slowly. I have filed a report as well.