Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom character sheets possible?

So I found this picture on an old facebook DND group and it's long since been deleted, but the idea behind it was that it was going to be a "Planescape style character sheet". I don't believe it ever got off the ground unfortunately, but I really like the idea. More to the point, one of my campaigns is about to end and I'm going to give the DM a break and run the group through a Tyranny of Dragons campaign. I'd like to surprise them by using a custom character sheet. Does anyone know if there would be a way to take the jpg I've attached and make a character sheet for dnd5e out of it? I'm not familiar enough with coding or syntax to even try creating it myself. Alternatively, if the project ever did get completed and someone recognizes it, can you point me to it? Thanks all  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Lord of the Waffle House! Short answer Yes, it's possible. Longer answer It requires: A) A Pro Subscription B) Fairly good mastery of HTML, CSS and JavaScript, plus learning how they are implemented for Roll20 Character sheets C) A lot of time. There is no WYSIWIG interface for building character sheets.

Edited 1709365816
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That's a very cool image and it would make a great looking backdrop for a sheet.  I'm not sure it would be possible at the moment for anyone to "reforge" the 5e sheet similarly.  Code for all Official by Roll20 sheets are not accessible to the community, so it would probably need to be a completely new sheet.  Functionality-wise; the 5e sheet is one of the more complex sheets on roll20.  I'm guessing an experienced sheet builder would probably spend hundreds of hours to build a similar sheet...  Regardless, it's probably not feasible IMO.  ;-(  Given that roll20 is actively working on a new sheet for D&D, maybe, just maybe, the community will get access to the current 5e sheet code once the new sheet goes live.
Damn. Yeah I even managed to find the original artist on Art Station, he seems to have gone away and it never progressed past the first page jpg. Which is a shame because I really, REALLY like the layout. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, If you don't have the artist's permission, that would be a non-starter for any sheet that was going to be shared outside your own table.
Effectively, yeah, but I'm okay with that, could probably also email him the finished version if I can ever get it done since it would be his IP through all technicality, if he has one set up, but meh. I'll see what I can figure out.