Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Looking for a video version of the Jukebox

I'm a new GM, and I would very much like to upload a video source (MP4 or other supported format) or GIF to either a layer that all player's can view what's being played simultaneously... or possibly even better, having a video version of the Jukebox. What I like about this is having a session folder for my game being prepared ahead of time and storing those clips and GIFs {that are seconds to a few minutes long) so that when a situation in-game calls for some enhanced entertainment value, I can have the video jukebox refer to my prepared GM folder of multimedia and play a specific clip I uploaded when I hit a PLAY button so that the video pops up onscreen for all players/GM to view it together simultaneously. As an example, the players have successfully defeated a villain or one of the party members has died. I can call up a video from Youtube or elsewhere that I could have downloaded and, as long as it was the appropriate supported format(s), play that video to emphasize the fun/entertaining way the situation played out within our game session. It could be a video clip of an explosion or anything creative that makes sense. This is kind of the equivalent to using props for a real life presentation, or videos shared in a PowerPoint slideshow. Even rolling credits that could be created similar to what Star Wars popularized for movies. A GMs imagination could therefore be displayed visually for the entertainment factor of all involved, and not just "theater of the mind". Thank you for your consideration, and my apologies if something like this has already been discussed and dismissed as unworkable for various reasons. I just need a workaround of some fashion to be able to do something similar to the above. Even the ability to share my laptop screen to all players simultaneously while I play an audio only clip or a video clip so that everyone is experiencing the soundbite or video at the same time helps in augmenting a story being told.

Edited 1709662045
D G.
Pro
This would be a good idea as I have been known to make premade Control Panel message gifs or audio files. I have a method of just making it an icon or linking a private Youtube video, but making it a popup window via something like Juke Box or a Audio/Visual handout would also for a Audio with scrolling message. that being said I know Roll20 has a number of things they are working on. +1
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .