Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

March 2024 Roll20 Reserve | Uncaged: Volume 1

Edited 1709658189
jayme@roll20.net
Roll20 Team
Good morning and happy Reserve Day! Continuing the observance of the&nbsp; 50th Anniversary &nbsp;of Dungeons &amp; Dragons and continuing our celebration of&nbsp; GM's Day , we are extremely excited to offer as this month's Reserve selection: Uncaged: Volume 1 from Ashley Warren and 36 contributing authors. This is a Bundle of 25&nbsp; myth- and folklore-themed adventures written for Dungeons &amp; Dragons 5th Edition , formatted for use on the virtual tabletop! About Uncaged: Volume 1 This massive collection of original adventures designed for D&amp;D 5E (levels 1-20) subverts tropes around hags, harpies, and other female creatures, monsters, and characters from folklore, fairytales, myths, and legends.&nbsp; The adventures are not connected, although clever DMs are encouraged to find ways to weave the&nbsp; stories together to form a longer campaign. Regardless, every adventure is designed to be a one-session adventure that can be completed between 1 to 5 hours. The anthology features work by: Alicia Furness, Alison Huang, Annabeth Lennon, Asa Wheatley, Awkward Bard, Bianca Bickford, Cat Evans, Dierdre Donlon, Elise Cretel, Emily Smith, FlourescentWolf, Gwen Bassett, Hla Rosa, Jen Vaughn, Jessica L. Washburn, Jessica Marcrum, Jessica Ross, Johanna Taylor, Judy Black, Johanna Taylor, Kat Kruger, Kayla Cline, Kelly Dayton, Kristina Sisto Kindel, Liz Gist, Luciella Elisabeth Scarlett, Lynne M. Meyer, Lysa Chen, Ma'at Crook, Maryska Connolly, Masha Lepire, Mellanie Black, Natalie Wallace, Sammy Ward, Samantha Darcy, and Wouter Florusse This Package Contains An Adventure Module : Includes all 25 adventures - for those who want to play through the entire Campaign from start to finish.&nbsp; 25 individual Addons : Easily add individual adventures to a new or existing campaign.&nbsp; A Compendium : Featuring magical items and Monsters.&nbsp; An Art Pack : Featuring 160+ tokens and handouts to use in-game.&nbsp; Formatted for Roll20, you'll find all text laid out in easy-to-read, cross-linked handouts, giving you all the information you need right at your fingertips. All NPCs and creatures are set up with character sheets including click-to-roll buttons for attacks, saves, and skills. Every is map set up for play, with pre-placed tokens, GM layer information, and Dynamic Lighting support. You'll be ready-to-roll with single-click Rollable Tables and Macros.&nbsp; Adventure Synopses Adventures are for levels 1-20, grouped into Tiers representing&nbsp; every five levels. Need help deciding where to start? Here's a guide with a synopsis for each and the creature they are based on:&nbsp; TIER 1 Maid in Waterdeep - Merfolk. A mermaid hires the adventures to rescue a kidnapped bard and bring justice to the witch who stole her voice. Cry of the Sea - Siren. Men in a small fishing town have gone missing while out on their boats. From the Forest They Fled - Dryad. Animals are chased out of the woods, and the adventurers are hired to investigate. Lai of the Sea Hag - Hags. A hometown hero killed two hags in a local coven, and the surviving hag desires vengeance.&nbsp; The Weeping Woman - Banshee. This retelling of La Llorona leads the adventurers to uncover what happened to drive a woman to transform into a nightmarish legend.&nbsp; Lost Children, Found Family - Lamia. The leader of a dying city, now a lamia, is gathering young people to start their own paradise and doom the city.&nbsp; A Wild Hunt - Kumiho. Rumor has it that a nine-tailed fox wiped out the family and livestock on a small farm. Death’s Agents - Furies. A would-be king crashes the adventurer’s camp and begs for aid and protection. The Tale of Sepha and Adé - Hades and Persephone. A Lady has gone missing and her father is offering a reward to find her. The Banshee’s Tail - Banshee. The residents of a castle have been visited by an ominous banshee with the warning “leave or die.” Swamped - Boo-hag. Outside a small town, those who venture too far into the swampland are overcome with grief and cry until their tears turn to blood. The Demon’s Heart - Succubus. An ancient burial ground in a small village has been opened and the local townspeople have started to disappear. Lost Gods - Medusa. Only a medusa can stop the decay of crops, rampant diseases, and dwindling water sources for a small town. The Secret of Shadow Grove - Hag. Your party has been hired to locate a missing person and must brave the tests of the woods. TIER 2 Shadows and Talons - Harpies. The party is hired to stop a harpy from telling the truth about her origins. The Guardians of the Forest - Medusa. Your party travels through the local woods to find the source of power that is transforming it into a swampland. A Family Reunion - Melusine. A monster queen hires the adventures to reunite her family and restore her honor. Maidens of the Weave - Drider. After a drow girl goes missing, characters must delve into the depths of the Underdark to bring her back. Appalling Morass - Hags. Manipulation, lies, and greed are at the heart of the village’s woes, but what if the rumors about hags are wrong? Heart of the Goddess - Ma’at. The bravest of adventurers must face the challenges of Suat and keep up with the determined Ma’at. The Lauma - A forest hag variant. TIER 3 Galateya's Will - Pygmalion’s Statue. A necromancer prayed to the goddess of love to give his creation life, and she sent her servant to bring him to justice. Legend of the White Snake - Lady White Snake. The town’s healer has been captured and everyone in the village has a different story to tell. Madness of the Valkyries - Valkyrie. Your party has been tasked with finding the last Valkyrie and destroy her. Ghastly Grins - Dullahan. Your adventuring party finds themselves brought in to help stop the Dullahan who has been summoned against her will to enact political revenge. TIER 4 The Tale of Two Sphinxes - Gynosphinx. Adventurers must explore a puzzle dungeon to discover the true legend of the sphinx. How to Claim Navigate to&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/reserve" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/reserve</a> &nbsp;and click "Claim Now" After claiming, you will see a pop-up window verifying your claim.&nbsp; Clicking the "Create Game" button will automatically add the complete Module&nbsp; and one of the ten Addons to a new campaign, so we suggest skipping this button and starting fresh if you want more control.&nbsp; If you are hoping to play the complete Module, and want to use the "Claim Now" button, you can use the Remove button on the Game Details page to remove the Addon included with your Module.&nbsp; If you are opting to add one or more Addons to a new or existing campaign, utilize the Addons drop-down menu on the Game Details page:&nbsp; &nbsp;Can't get enough? View Uncaged Volumes II-IV + Uncaged: Goddesses&nbsp; on DMsGuild.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Once again, an amazing amount of content!
Thanks again for this. But you might want to fix the layout of this page. At least with Darkmode text goes over the grey border...
Where do I find the maps for these adventures?&nbsp; I only see the generic battle map and the splash page for the different adventures.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Robert! If you loaded the Reserve as a module or by individual addons, maps are located in the Pages menu. Whenever you use an Module or an Addon, they are almost always there by default. sized and lit, and ready to use.
Thanks for the reply.&nbsp; I have loaded Lost Gods, Swamped and Death's Agents as add ons.&nbsp; Lost Gods has a map with it in the Pages.&nbsp; However, Swamped and Death's Agents only have the splash page in Pages.&nbsp; Do these two adventures not come with any maps?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Robert D. said: Thanks for the reply.&nbsp; I have loaded Lost Gods, Swamped and Death's Agents as add ons.&nbsp; Lost Gods has a map with it in the Pages.&nbsp; However, Swamped and Death's Agents only have the splash page in Pages.&nbsp; Do these two adventures not come with any maps? I only see 14 unique maps when loading the whole module of 25 adventures, so I'd say a fair number of them do not have maps. There is a generic battle map for random encounters.
Very nice! I bought the pdf ages ago, so it's great to have this available on Roll20.
keithcurtis said: Robert D. said: Thanks for the reply.&nbsp; I have loaded Lost Gods, Swamped and Death's Agents as add ons.&nbsp; Lost Gods has a map with it in the Pages.&nbsp; However, Swamped and Death's Agents only have the splash page in Pages.&nbsp; Do these two adventures not come with any maps? I only see 14 unique maps when loading the whole module of 25 adventures, so I'd say a fair number of them do not have maps. There is a generic battle map for random encounters. Thanks for confirming that!
Sadly free content are too low quality or not compatible with my JDR, dont know if i'm the only one in that case but i dont think. Maybe change the things give to Pro accounts to make it interesting for anyone ? Near a year ans 0 were usefull for me.